H items with S blind stamp

I saved $500 on a fabulous pair of gloves with an S stamp. For something you can't even see when you're wearing it, I think it's the bargain of the century. It's a different matter, though, IMO when someone is trying to sell an H bag with an S on it, especially if it's got that mysterious number imprinted as well. Worth a good discount if you want that color/style bag enough, but I don't see it discounted that much. Not sure if it would bother me enough to not buy it. I've found the sellers too disagreeable when asked about it to even think about buying them. People get very touchy.

i talked to paul (objets intemporals) about the s stamp on a 35 blue jean togo kelly because while i didn't doubt its authenticity, i couldn't fathom why such a popular bag would ever go on sale. there are threads about this on this forum and i believe one of the explanations was the bag was part of excess inventory for that year, that's all. also, apparently sale items such as this only get offered to vip clients. ultimately, it's a matter of personal taste. on a bag in such a prominent spot, it would bother me (and i wonder why do they have to do it? you figure they go to such lengths to ensure that their bags are perfect and then they deface it with a stamp and for what purpose? to prevent people from trying to exchange it for full price -- can you even do that without a receipt?).

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/hermes-sales-items-44840-2.html?highlight=sale+blindstamp

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/b...n-ebay-21619-2.html?highlight=sale+blindstamp

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/luxury-zurich-on-ebay-13771.html?highlight=sale+blindstamp

^I don't think so, but on all my receipts I have 10 or 14 days to return for credit not a refund.
I don't know if exchanges are allowed more than 10 or 14 days either.

I love going to the Hermes sales; the stuff I buy is for personal use so the S stamp doesn't bother me at all, I love the bargain factor. I have a Masai and the S stamp is on the inside of the longer strap. The S mark tends to be hidden away, it's a bit unfortunate that it would be visible on a Birkin due to the way it lends itself to being carried open. Not that I've ever seen a sale Birkin. The S mark on a Kelly wouldn't bother me as it would always be hidden when carried. The reason I buy S things is the chance to own some gorgeous items that I couldn't really justify or afford spending full price on, leather goods like gloves and wallets, shoes, boots. It means I can get an Hermes fix while I'm saving up for a Birkin. The reduction is usually 50-70 % off. The trouble with buying S items for me from a re-seller or from ebay would be the price. Imho, knowing how much the original item was reduced, I think the mark up is often too high, not that far off the price of a brand new item with a box and all the trimmings. I have had some great things in the sale, it's good fun and nice to be able to choose but I think I am right in saying that some of the sale items are there because they are not 'perfect'. Eg I bought a picolo (small leather pencil case) in the sale this year, it's a new item for Hermes so why in the sale? Well, if I examine it closely, there is a tiny of a slight dent in a small area of the leather, so perhaps that is the reason. I bet I could find tiny flaws in most of my sales items and I bet some items I would consider 'perfect' might be rejected my the craftspeople at Hermes. I try not to look too hard as I am so thrilled with the item at less than half price!

As far as I know the numbers mean that this item was sold to a member of staff. They put the numbers there to be able to identify the item. Apparently there are no issues in having those items serviced.

I would be a little leery of S stamps with numbers (employee bags) as I heard that they will not be serviced, or was it shooting star bags?....not worth the risk at these prices. Scarves from the sale in most cases no problem. But the leather accessories were "branded" with an obvious S that looked really bad.

I buy S stuff mostly for myself w/o intention of resale so not overly bothered.

kicksarefortwids--and i wonder why do they have to do it? you figure they go to such lengths to ensure that their bags are perfect and then they deface it with a stamp and for what purpose?

My sentiments exactly :shrugs:.

i wouldn't think so either (it's not the gap), but then why the need for the stamp? to devalue the bag for resale?
I can understand the need for "S" stamp on sale items to prevent returns to the store for full price. What bugs me is that they would stamp the "S" on a spot so prominent on the Birkin/Kelly. If they could do this for scarves, small leather goods & some bags, why not for the Birkin & Kelly? :confused1: It would be nice if they have the "S" stamp somewhere more discreet, like inside the bag, or on the strap ...kwim?

hmm...my guess is Hermes wants to discourage resale of these bags.

The BJ Kelly bag Objects_Intemporals have with the S (with number) stamp really bothers me..so are the Birkins/Kellys with the similar stamps by the reseller, DH once asked me if those S means "special" as of special order while I was looking at one of the bag at Jemz :rolleyes:
Other small leather accessories or scarves wouldn't bother me as prob. only I would know where the S stamps are..but not on obvious places like Birkins/Kellys...
and I agree with Gigi that they prob. wanted to discourage resale of these bags and with the (employee?) numbers on it they'd know where it came from..

...DH once asked me if those S means "special" as of special order while I was looking at one of the bag at Jemz :rolleyes:
LOL!!! LoveThatThing, tell your DH he scored an A+ for effort!

Re. bags with S stamp + employee numbers, if I ever get a bag with those, my boss would probably note them down & buy 4-D! :roflmfao: :roflmfao: :roflmfao:

p.s. 4-D is a form of lottery in SG. You buy a set of 4 numbers & see if you strike rich! :nuts:

I think if it is the item you have always wanted in the color and leather or design pattern that you are seeking for, then it will be loved no matter if it has an S on it or not. Of course, it is always a plus if the S is more discrete...However, if it is the price (b/c of the S) that makes you first love the item, then it may wise to think if over...