H Drama And A Green Birkin

Piaffe--that is such a delicious photo of green H! Love the Granny Smith apples thrown in there!

L--here are some photos of Vert Anis in Togo in natural light and with flash; it is one of my favorites and surprisingly, goes well with quite a few colors:

Attachments

• CIMG1428.jpg
    CIMG1428.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 153
  • CIMG2562.jpg
    CIMG2562.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 470
logo.jpg

No tomatoes for you. I would be more than thrilled with one H bag a year (as I sit here waiting patiently for my first one to show up...)

OK ladies, now let's not get too greedy...a husband here speaking...may I ask? please no tomatoes!! ;)Just curious!! Isn't one birkin a year a fair deal? I know my wife would disagree (she told me as long as it's a croc...a croc of what I say!) but I really do think it's a fair deal...yes, I can see why dramas can happen. Some ladies can't even get one...let their husbands have a chance to feel like we do at least once! hah! Oh, I can tell I am setting my self up here...remember, no tomatoes!

No tomatoes, petpringles. My DH and I had a similar conversation the other day. My black Birkin just arrived, and I said something about wanting a blue jean one next. He was like, "Next? You can't be buying multiple handbags that expensive." I pointed out that in fact, I could, with either my bonus or my family birthday money, but that it would probably only be one per year. He thought that sounded reasonable, as did I. Of course, that didn't include the possible Lindy that I might get, or things like scarves...

Lol you are funny... I wonder where you hide your stash...

you would not believe the trouble i went thru to hide my stash. those boxes are way too big to hide.
i actually sealed my bag into a cardboard box from uhaul and taped it. my husband thinks it's the box we need to take down to the storage full of clothes. in the meantime my bag is hidden there cushioned and protected. it's been in hiding since july. the rest of the smaller things are well hidden in the closet. with one bag a year limit there maybe more uhaul boxes.

I think it will be a versatile colour - go for it! As for the bag ban, it's early in the year. DH may change his mind and even if he doesn't, it's only a year. There will be more H in your future!

Thanks ladies for being a sport...I was just trying to elicit some reactions from you...I will give my wife any numbers of birkins but what's good for me is that it's hard to get...yayyy!! I win!

luxurylife, vert anis is a great color...it is the
perfect shade of granny smith apple. :smile:

eta: petpringles are you Mr. luxury life?
...I will give my wife any numbers of birkins but what's good for me is that it's hard to get...yayyy!! I win!

That's cute. :smile:

OK ladies, now let's not get too greedy...a husband here speaking...may I ask? please no tomatoes!! ;)Just curious!! Isn't one birkin a year a fair deal? I know my wife would disagree (she told me as long as it's a croc...a croc of what I say!) but I really do think it's a fair deal...yes, I can see why dramas can happen. Some ladies can't even get one...let their husbands have a chance to feel like we do at least once! hah! Oh, I can tell I am setting my self up here...remember, no tomatoes!

OK no tomatoes! Of course one Birkin a year can be a fair deal. What is fair depends so much more than the number of bags per year. It's all in the attitude of both partners, the circumstances of the marriage, financial situations and other obligations, etc. (That said, I like yours, petpringles. You take interest in what your wife loves, and that imo counts a lot more than the number of bags.)
I have to say, though, that to me one bag a year may not work. This is because as you all know it is unpredictable when your dream bag might show up and how, and if you have to wait till next year you may never find it again. And I am not someone who buys just to buy, I try to be as strategic and reasonable as possible. So, for me, the solution is, I mostly buy my own bags. DH has bought me a few, and I am grateful when it happens, but i don't count on it.

OK no tomatoes! Of course one Birkin a year can be a fair deal. What is fair depends so much more than the number of bags per year. It's all in the attitude of both partners, the circumstances of the marriage, financial situations and other obligations, etc. (That said, I like yours, petpringles. You take interest in what your wife loves, and that imo counts a lot more than the number of bags.)
I have to say, though, that to me one bag a year may not work. This is because as you all know it is unpredictable when your dream bag might show up and how, and if you have to wait till next year you may never find it again. And I am not someone who buys just to buy, I try to be as strategic and reasonable as possible. So, for me, the solution is, I mostly buy my own bags. DH has bought me a few, and I am grateful when it happens, but i don't count on it.
Tamarind:

My wife actually feels the same way as you do when it comes to one bag a year limit because if the size, color, hardware, the leather and the timing and the stars are aligned and working for you at tahat moment then...one must not say NO...when Jupiter aligns with Mars!!! OK you got me, I agree.:nogood: Or else one can kick themselves in the rear for being...realistic? I guess this is the H effect!