Gustto BACA BAG

I still have my Baca in Vintage Brown. I can't bear to get rid of it. The leather is the major redeeming factor in these bags. It's just so soft and so smushy and if you don't open it up, you can imagine it has a nice fitted neutral lining :smile:

Gustto.JPG

I don't mind the tacky yellow lining, I will just keep it zipped up lol. BTW, I ordered a taupe one from SolMia yesterday...on sale for $450 + an extra 25% for new customer and FREE shipping../cheer :smile:

I bought a Gustto Setela tote from Bloomingdales. I love the bag and it looks really great but inside the bag is a tag which reads "made in China". I called Bloomingdales and they assured me that they do not sell fake bags and Gustto bags are imported but does not say from where. Does anyone has a Gustto bag with a "made in China" tag in it?

I think I read somewhere on this site that they are being made in China now, too, along with tons of other purse brands. One of my Bacas says Mexico and I can't find the tag on the other. Try a search on this site and maybe you will find the China mention.

I just love those bags, if it stops raining, I think I will carry one of them tomorrow.

I know this is a very old thread, but:
I had a Gustto Baca and it said Made In Mexico.
I was convinced I had to have one of these bags, so I got one from a very reputable PF'er and it was in like-new pristine condition. I loved the style, shape and leather on the bag and did not even mind the funky yellow lining, but I could not get past that glaring "yellow" gold hardware!!! It was the brightest shiniest yellowest gold hardware I have ever seen. I put it on eBay the day I received it in the mail. As perfect as the condition was, it sold immediately. You just need to like extremely shiny yellow gold hardware; that was literally the ONLY thing I didn't like about it. Otherwise it was a super-cool looking bag!

Does the regular sized Baca stay on your shoulder or do the handles slip down? Is it wide on your shoulder or can you smoosh it down? thanks!

The regular sized Baca shoulder straps definitely stayed on my shoulder with LOTS of room to spare. I am a small person, but I had no problem at all with the shoulder straps staying put. They are flat and the bag is so lightweight that it is very comfortable to wear as a shoulder bag. The straps did not slide down at all.

Good luck!

PS: It is such a gorgeous bag; just make sure you really love that shiny super-gold hardware! There's ALOT of it with the big ring and all the studs, and I wasn't exactly prepared for that. I sold it because of that only, otherwise I would have definitely kept it because I loved everything else about the bag; I just couldn't get past the hardware. (I know I am the minority here on the gold hardware!)