*Gulp* My son went to Kindergarten this week!

1. Yep- made me cry my heart out walking away from that classroom Monday morning back to my car- he went straight to work putting pieces of shaped wood into the right spots on an outlined piece of paper- (gosh- does that make sense)?- looked at me with smiling eyes and kissed his hand waving bye!

I can't believe he's 5, I can't believe he's in Kindergarten!

:crybaby: My baby is growing up!!!! (he's our only child with a heart of gold)

How do you mother's do this - watching them get older and older? Shoo I wanna cry just thinking about it again!
  2. I am going to move this to pregnancy and parenting :yes:

Be strong!!!!
  3. Kindergarten is so much fun! It will suck you in with all the gut-wrenching projects he will make for you. You better buy a nice box of tissues and hang on for the ride. Good Luck! That is your little man!!!
  4. Your heart breaks a little each time they take one step forward towards independence - that's part of being a mom.

My son (who's now 8) told me that he didn't need me to read to him anymore because he could read just fine on his own now and I went to the kitchen and cried a little bit...
  5. I was close to tears the whole day when my first son first went to school. Even now, I have to have my dh take the kids to school for the first day so I don't get all teary! When you see how much he loves it, it won't be so hard, but he WILL change. Being a parent is never easy!
  6. I totally understand. Mine just went to Kindergarten yesterday. And I did not cry, but watching his new found independence was just heart wrenching. UGH! I teared up, but if he saw me cry, he would cry, and not want to go. (Hes very much a momma's boy)! So I heald it in.

I have to say it's rather nice though, quieter, and less fighting. LOL! (does that sound bad?) LOL!
  7. Thanks for all the support ladies- I'm looking forward to this journey with him- it's very exciting!

And- no- doesn't sound weird that it's quieter around the house- esp. after an entire summer of SAH time with a 5 year old- lol!

Thank you again ladies :flowers:
  8. My mom was like this with all 3 of us! Heck I remembered I was scared like hell going into kinder! She cries even now when I'm a junior at university!
  9. volunteering in the classroom is a wonderful way to stay connected while they are in school. if you have the time, it is appreciated by the teachers and the kids.
  10. I remember the feeling well. I was a SAHM with Ashley until she started preschool at age 3 1/2. She was only there for 3 hours at a time, two days a week. But that very first day that I had to leave her there...OMG....the knot in my throat was so painful and when I finally got to my car to leave, I cried so hard! The second year of preschool was easier (for me), kindergarten was hard (for me) and now first grade was easy (for me). She has done great every single time she's had a first day of school, never cried for me or didn't want me to leave.

But ohhhh, that terrible feeling of that very first day of school and seeing your baby go off to be looked after by strangers. It's heartbreaking!
  11. My son's first day of Kindergarten was on Monday as well. It was heart wrenching!!! I didn't want him to see me cry, but it was hard to let go of him. I have a 2 year old daughter, but my son will always be my little man!! We've called him that since he was a baby!

12. your making me well up with tears thinking about my sons first day of kindergarten!I cried too and I was a little embarrassed being the big wuss!
    sometimes I just watch them sleep and I still get teary eyed. It is just so touching and sad and bittersweet at the same time knowing they are growing up so fast and before we know it will be starting highschool!
  13. OMG I am bawling right now. My little guy is going to kindergarten on Wed. I swear to god I am going to lose it. He is ok and ready but its going to be hard for me. I have a 13 year old son and a 13 year old daughter but he is my baby. But I do have to admit, 2.5 hours alone each day? I havent had that for 13 years!! WOO HOO!!!!!!!
  14. You have my sympathies, I know exactly how you feel. I remember my son going to school for the first time, I was heartbroken & had to swallow hard to speak with his teacher, I hated her LOLOL! They grow up so fast, great to see them growing into fine adults (22 & 20 now) but the thought of them leaving forever is too much to bear for me right now. My daughter 20 is going away on hols for the first time without me tomorrow I will miss her so much & worry until she gets back {{{Hugs}}}
  15. My daughter is now 20 but I remember like it was yesterday, her first day at kinder. The teacher asked me to pick her up at 12 not 2.30 because she thought a full first day may have been a bit "much" for her. I got home after dropping her off and sat by the fire, feeling as if my heart had been torn out...my baby was gone! (I know, dramatic uh?) I watched the clock and couldn't wait to pick her up. I walked into the kinder at exactly 12 o'clock, there they all were, wee precious babies sitting at their tables having fun. I stood at the doorway, smiling and then my daughter spotted me, her face fell into her hands and with a voice filled with frustration said, "Mum, you've come at the wrong time!" with that the room fell silent and every one of those children looked at me with such scorn, I could feel myself shrinking in my shoes. Needless to say, the trip home was very quiet...I had embarrassed my daughter on her first day of kinder and I was being punished.:sad: