Guess is the queen of imitation bags

I have not seen enoough Guess bags IRL to make any judgement about them; I did however see a nicely dressed young girl with a very cute white Guess Satchel. No it wasn't B-bag leather but it didn't strike me as tacky. There are bags for everyone out there in all price ranges, some people like more bling than others and to each his own. As far as them copying designs, someone else pointed out that alot of big designers have a speedy shape so...

the black one is the real one
Hm. That's the one I like least, although I'm not nuts about any of them.

But if I were, I guess I would have to look for someone who is copying the gold Guess ones and selling them for $20, maybe even with a logo that says MESS, if I were lucky enough to find one made by someone whose interests did not really include English.

I'm not gonna fight w/ you. I just think that calling a bag that another member may own tacky when they haven't asked for your opinion is....I dunno. I just don't like judging people based on the bag they carry. As long as it's not a fake, then whats wrong w/ it?

if you read my very first post you'll notice that i did not state anything was wrong with it. i just put it out there as an observation. for the record i dont think there is anything wrong with it, but guess as a brand is just not my favourite even if they don't copy other designers.

ITA with Shimma! Every designer copies another, and to single out Guess because it's more affordable is wrong!

Hermes Kelly:
PH2006071200773.jpg

Louis Vuitton Malesherbes (from let-trade's website):
lmoast02sm.jpg

You can't just single out Guess because it's lower priced!! Every designer copies something!!

Louis Vuitton bucket:
p10022879_ph_hero.jpg

burberry's version:
burberry_bag_01.jpeg

gucci's version:

b24e_1_sbl.JPG

dooney's version:
Picture%20563991-300.jpg

I think a lot of the lower priced bags are basing their lines on higher end ones. The absolute worst ones are Dereon and Baby Phat. They don't really bother to change much other than the emblems and people who buy them swear that they are "original" designs. :sad:

if you read my very first post you'll notice that i did not state anything was wrong with it. i just put it out there as an observation. for the record i dont think there is anything wrong with it, but guess as a brand is just not my favourite even if they don't copy other designers.
Yes, you are right. I am sorry, I didn't read the whole first post. That was stupid of me. I jumped too quickly. I am sorry. :flowers:

I have never liked Guess, it always seemed like they were imitating other designers. My mom has a hot pink leather bag from them that is cute, but I've never liked their logoed bags, especially the bags that are multicolored.

The majority of Guess handbags have gotten very tacky. However I have found one that I fell in love with. Had to have and still can't breathe sometimes when I think about her. I don't know if she is a designer copy. She is a Kyoto Satchel in Mocha. She is sooo soft and her pastel colors inside are sooo relaxing. I like the mix of soft choclate leather and some basic silver hardware. The big "G" could be smaller but I still love her.

Here are some pics inside and out.

Yes, you are right. I am sorry, I didn't read the whole first post. That was stupid of me. I jumped too quickly. I am sorry. :flowers:

no problem :P

in any case for the record it was not my intention to single out Guess on this b/c I've seen so many copy cat bags in so many places (victoria's secret, urban outfitters, aritzia), but what my intention is, if you're looking for a place to get a cheaper bag taht is really similar to a designer then Guess would be a good place to look since it seems that they do it so often!

Guess does copy other designers sometimes, sure, but also comes out with unique styles that I haven't seen anywhere else. Not any different from other designers, just look at Cynthia Rowley copying YSL. There is a lot of copying in the fashion world.