• Yes - a black leather strap

• Yes - a dark brown leather strap

• Yes - a black nylon strap

• Yes - a dark brown nylon strap

• No - it would look horrible

• Yes - but in one of those options. I'd get a strap elsewhere

Results are only viewable after voting.
Mar 28, 2015
I was carrying around my laptop and agenda along with my other bag essentials and found it hard to fit the handles over my shoulder and way too heavy to carry in the crook of my arm. I need your opinions on what you would think if I purchased a bag strap from mautto.com and possibly convert the sukey tote in a messenger type bag?

• Would you think this would work for this style bag?
  • If so, would you use a nylon or leather strap? What are your pros/cons for each..
also I cant even tell if this is just a super dark brown or black even in real life it constantly changes shades in different lighting.

Bag:

765573674002_Gucci_Medium_Sukey_Tote_in_BeigeEbony_GG_Fabric_211944_FAFXG_9643.jpg

Strap I was thinking about using:
Nylon Webbing Strap - Adjustable - 1.5" (inch) Wide - Nickel Hook #14 - 25" Adjustable / Black
http://www.mautto.com/product/nylon...de-choice-of-color-length-with-nickel-hook-14

(according to the fitment guide it'd fit under my shoulder/over my hips)

Fitment Guide: http://www.mautto.com/handbag-strap-usage-fitment-guide

I was carrying around my laptop and agenda along with my other bag essentials and found it hard to fit the handles over my shoulder and way too heavy to carry in the crook of my arm. I need your opinions on what you would think if I purchased a bag strap from mautto.com and possibly convert the sukey tote in a messenger type bag?

• Would you think this would work for this style bag?
  • If so, would you use a nylon or leather strap? What are your pros/cons for each..
also I cant even tell if this is just a super dark brown or black even in real life it constantly changes shades in different lighting.

Bag:

765573674002_Gucci_Medium_Sukey_Tote_in_BeigeEbony_GG_Fabric_211944_FAFXG_9643.jpg

Strap I was thinking about using:
Nylon Webbing Strap - Adjustable - 1.5" (inch) Wide - Nickel Hook #14 - 25" Adjustable / Black
http://www.mautto.com/product/nylon...de-choice-of-color-length-with-nickel-hook-14

(according to the fitment guide it'd fit under my shoulder/over my hips)

Fitment Guide: http://www.mautto.com/handbag-strap-usage-fitment-guide
I have added straps to bags that were originally handheld only. As long as the strap is not scratching the hardware, actually "works" with the style and doesn't put unnecessary strain where it should not be, I say go for it. My all leather Sukey is pretty sturdy, you kind of gave me a itch to try this on mine.

I have added straps to bags that were originally handheld only. As long as the strap is not scratching the hardware, actually "works" with the style and doesn't put unnecessary strain where it should not be, I say go for it. My all leather Sukey is pretty sturdy, you kind of gave me a itch to try this on mine.
Thanks for the response, I'm having a hard time trying to figure which material for the strap I should get. Leather? That'll match with the trim but I'm afraid it won't last as long as a nylon strap, not to mention the nylon strap is adjustable. What are you thoughts, which would you pick?

A leather strap will look better IMO and last, nylon may feel more comfortable but I think you'll compromise on the whole look of the Sukey. I don't have an S, but I have put straps on bags that never had before, just be careful it doesn't pull/squish/squash/rub any part of the bag because with weight added it will absolutely ruin it.

The link you posted is of a very basic strap I think you can do a lot better, for another thing the hardware is very noticeable and doesn't blend with the light gold of the Sukey's

The trim is either ebony or black as Gucci made both, go with the exact same colour strap

Thanks for the response, I'm having a hard time trying to figure which material for the strap I should get. Leather? That'll match with the trim but I'm afraid it won't last as long as a nylon strap, not to mention the nylon strap is adjustable. What are you thoughts, which would you pick?
Leather only. Nylon will look a little cheap. The only problem will be locating a leather strap with extremely light gold hardware. If you cannot locate one online, start searching through tjmaxx/marshalls or even dept stores for an actual purse with a strap the color you need and the right hardware. It might cost you additional but it will all match. Clearance racks are where I would start. I have a black leather strap with palladium clips that was on some random bag i purchased in marshalls that I added to a green croc embossed satchel from Dillards that had palladium hardware-2 completely different brands but it works perfectly. Hope that helps.

Reactions: papertiger