Gucci silver hardware tarnishing

1. Has anyone had any experience with this?

Any luck cleaning the hardware? Any idea's what i should use? Only thing I've really tried is one of those silver cleaning cloths, which didn't work (didn't make it any worse either luckily) but to be fair, the hardware isn't silver so.....

Any advice much appreciated!

Many thanks!

2. I think the wave boston bag I got has been tarnished. It is a new bag but must of sat on the shelf a while , it is so brassy. hmmm
  3. try eyeglass cleaner...just a thought because they are gentle not to take protective thingys off the lense, they might be pretty gentle on ur hardware

GOOD LUCK! :smile:
  4. Thanks, I'll try and pickup some eyeglass cleaner and give it a go.

Any other ideas?

I'll let you know how I got on,

Thanks again,

5. good luck, but be gentleeeeee id hate for the finishing to ruboff!! :smile:
  6. Just an update...

I found a tin of "Brasso" in the cupboard last night, and reading the can, it says it can be used on chrome, so, very tentatively, I tried a bit, and it worked fabulously and the hardware is now mirror like and very shiny!!!!

The can I have isn't a liquid, but a roll of cotton wool type stuff that you tear off and use (I guess impregnated with the liquid? It was quiet moist)

Anyhoo, wanted to let you know that it works a treat!!

Thanks again!

7. My blondie wallet and bag are horribly faded and scratched. Both the medallions are worn and dull. I tried a soft cloth and no luck. Any other ideas besides sending them off to Gucci for a buffing?