Gucci Romy ?

1. Hi: First time posting in this forum and new to collecting handbags so please be gentle if this is a stupid question.

I got my Gucci Romy handbag today (first Gucci bag) and I noticed that a couple of the scales on it aren't totally flat but the ends are curled up so you can see underneath. I know it is authentic since I purchased it from Neiman Marcus, but I don't know if the condition is good or defective.

Is it normal for not all of the scales to be flat? This is my first python bag so I have no clue.

I paid $1400 for this so if this is defective, I dont want to keep it, but have no clue.

Attached are pictures of the bag and the areas in question. The best way I could describe them is that it looks like the end of these scales needs glue to keep them down. Sorry, totally clueless.

Any help much appreciated.

guc1.jpg guc3.jpg guc2.jpg guc4.jpg
  2. Hi, welcome to the forum!:flowers: I am not familiar with this bag but it looks fine to me..perhaps you could go to the store and ask them or compare it with another one? Also there's no need to apologize for asking questions, that's what we're here for!:balloon:

3. I saw a bag in Bottega that had scales and it did the same thing as well. I wondered about it but now that you're saying this, I'm thinking maybe it could be the norm with that type of material?

4. Congrats on your new bag. It is beautiful

5. I think it is normal but more and more will curl up over time....so I guess you have to decide if that will bug you!

6. congrats!

7. Thank you for all of the responses. I think I got it at a good price and the spots really don't bother me (just dont want it to fall apart too soon) so I have decided to keep it. thanks again.