Gucci on Groupon?

Sorry not spamming, just accessed my hotmail and saw this email. It was sent to me last Thursday from Groupon but I never logged in to check. Will take care of it on Monday but thought the readers would be interested.

"Dear.....

Thank you for contacting Groupon about your Gucci bag purchase on 21/12/2012 and raising concerns about its authenticity. Groupon is currently investigating this matter with the distributor and is taking the necessary steps to resolve the issue with them.

Groupon is extremely disappointed as we pride ourselves on steadfast quality assurance processes. We are taking this matter very seriously and as an immediate course of action we have refunded the total purchase amount $799 via your original method of payment.

Your refund has been issued by Groupon today but may take up to 7-10 working days to be processed by your financial institution. As this is a "Reverse Transaction" your refund will appear in your statement on the date you made your original purchase, which in your case is 21/12/2012.

In order for us to investigate each bag, it’s very important you return the item using the attached reply paid postage label free of charge (you will need to secure the bag in its original box or similar packaging, print out the label, and take it to any AusPost).

Groupon sincerely apologises for the inconvenience and as a highly valued customer we have automatically credited your Groupon account with a $50 voucher for you to use within the next twelve months.

If you require further information please contact us via....
"

Did not post other personal details from the letter. It's good to hear from Groupon I'll give them that, if only they acted sooner.

Great! I am so glad they decided to do the right thing. I am also glad they refunded you quickly, even before they receive the bag back! You also get a 50$ voucher. That helps ease your sore feelings too! :biggrin:

I think they are legit, if you like those styles.

Errr, if you received what I had you would not be satisfied with the product. The very first thing that caught my attention was the font of the letter "a" on the made in Italy stamp. My other Gucci bag used different font, it used the "a" without a hook at the top just a straight line. Second there was 1 letter not imprinted properly and it was noticeable. The stitching on the strap was horrifying. The material did not have the same reflective effect when you look at it from another angle. But I had some hope that I was wrong assuming it was fake. I still haven't used the voucher they gave, I don't think I ever will.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to share my experience with Groupon USA - i bought gucci bags on groupon and i was convinced they were real (the discount wasn't even that big, and they look real). well recently i took them to an authenticator to get the paperwork so I could resell them - imagine my surprise when i found out they were FAKE. I called groupon to complain to get a refund and they won't issue it to me because we are past the 30 days. I told them that selling counterfeit is illegal and explained to them that i had took them to a third party authenticator to get paperwork to resell them - and the call center agent was like just send them to a reseller directly and tell them they are real - yup that's their attitude towards counterfeit. I was like WTF these are FAKE, I would never resell these knowing they are fake!

I recently saw Prada on Groupon and occasionally I see other designers pop up - AVOID GROUPON!!!.

I know this is an old thread, but just wanted to share my experience with Groupon USA - i bought gucci bags on groupon and i was convinced they were real (the discount wasn't even that big, and they look real). well recently i took them to an authenticator to get the paperwork so I could resell them - imagine my surprise when i found out they were FAKE. I called groupon to complain to get a refund and they won't issue it to me because we are past the 30 days. I told them that selling counterfeit is illegal and explained to them that i had took them to a third party authenticator to get paperwork to resell them - and the call center agent was like just send them to a reseller directly and tell them they are real - yup that's their attitude towards counterfeit. I was like WTF these are FAKE, I would never resell these knowing they are fake!

I recently saw Prada on Groupon and occasionally I see other designers pop up - AVOID GROUPON!!!.

Same with gilt. If it's too good to be true then it probably is.

I'm so glad I stumbled across this - it is unbelievable that groupon is getting away with selling fakes - they've already had to settle a lawsuit in IL regarding their expiration dates - I don't understand why the feds don't do something about this?

The other thing I wanted to mention was that Costco was selling "Gucci" a few months ago. It wasn't Costco itself, but they allowed an outside "vendor" come in and set up a table with "Gucci" bags. They were obvious fakes, and the people selling them were rather shady characters. Please keep an eye out for this.