Gucci newb here - looking to buy a wallet for BF

1. Hey all! I'm not a Gucci gal (yet) and so I need a little guidance. My boyfriend's birthday is coming up, August 8, and I want to get him a new wallet. 2 years ago I bought him a Louis Vuitton damier wallet - and within 6 months the stitching began coming undone:rant: . So I brought it into LV and they sent it away for repair, which took apx 6 weeks. Within the month after the wallets return the new glaze LV had put on began literally peeling way - and at this point we were in the process of moving into a new apartment, about 2 hours away from the nearest LV. Finally when I came back to visit my parents about 3 months ago I stopped into LV to show them the wallet, and they said the peeling and threads coming undone (the canvas is even CRACKING at the bottom corner!) was due to wear and tear:censor: , and accused him of being especially "hard" on his wallet. Whatever. Needless to say he's absolutely furious with LV and says, and I quote "I will NEVER buy their overpriced **** again" :crybaby: - and I understand where he's coming from. Recently we went into Gucci just "to look" and he was inspecting their wallets. He really liked their suddelty and the fact that they're leather, not canvas. So I need pictures, prices, and recomendations. What's a good wallet for a guy? This is the LV wallet he's currently using:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

http://eluxury.com/browse/product_detail.jhtml?styleid=10296108&SectionID=6000#

He definitely needs more card slots, because he overstuffs. But he likes to have 2 bill holders. So help me out! What do you suggest?

2. The basic bi-fold monogram wallet is really nice and my hubby hasn't had any problems with his. And at $230, you can't beat that :wlae:

3. drats!
    did you look at www.gucci.com? There's some fantastic men's wallets! You have a good idea here, maybe I'll get DH one for Christmas or his birthday!

4. I brought that one for the DH for Father's Day. I let him pick it out and it's so beautiful. :smile: The one I was going to get for him he HATED it. Even if you went with the basic black or brown with the traditional red/green symbol instead of the stripe that's nice too. Since he doesn't like the GG"s all over.:hrmm:

5. The basic bifold looks perfect - and 2 bill slots!

6. maybe he might like this wallet. this is my recent purchased wallet 2 months ago. I bought it in Gucci Boutique, Rome, Italy. i bought it around $375- $400 because mine has a coin purse in it and it's bi-fold, 2 bill slots, 3 credit card pocket, and 2 inner/ side pockets. what i like about it is that the monogram is in leather and it has the red/green stripes.:smile:
    screenshot_16.jpg

7. How About This One. I bought it for my dad. He didn't want a wallet that "screamed" Gucci too. I bought him the first one since he wanted a money clip thing. The second one has more a coin pouch. I posted a third picture so u can see the logo better. The leather is soft but not too soft, just right. Not too hard. I will post pics of the wallet I recently bought my brother a month ago. That one is very subtle as well. The leather is tough and durable.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Here is my Brother's wallet. I dont think they make it anymore. I don't see it on the website. But this wallet is understated. The Gucci Logo is on the lower right side and you can't even see it unles you look at it closely. The color is dark blue with signature Blue, Red stripes. As I said before the leather is tough and durable, its has great textutre, you can see it from the pics. Great Wallet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

9. chanelchick, it's still in the website. :smile:

10. HMMM I didn't see it when I went to the US website.

11. Still dont see it on the website.