Gucci Authenticity Tips

Status
Not open for further replies.
KMD here are some pics to help you out. This pics that I have posted here are of an authentic purse. (I would post more but my old purses are not with me anymore). Sorry if the pic of the serial is seems slightly distorted, it was hard to photograph.

The serial font should be the same. As for the sequence of numbers I am not sure what they are specifically. I am guessing it would be the same as the bags where some of the numbers indicate the style and season etc.

AuthenticGucciWallet.jpg

Serial.jpg

Guccistamponinside.jpg

Here are photos of fake serials which I photographed off a friend who got cheated. You can tell that the font is very different. The 1st pic is of the purse, the 2nd of the Gucci stamp and the last is of the key wallet. Note the spacing between characters as well, for both the "Gucci - made in italy" and serial stampings.

Hope this helps!

Fakeserialofwallet.jpg

FakeGucciStamping.jpg

Fakeserialofkeywallet.jpg

Kavnadoo that's a beautiful color on that wallet, what year was that? Thanks for the pics of the fake stamped on numbers, helpful!

Actually I have a question that I might as well ask. I bought a bag off of ebay a few weeks ago because they no longer had it in stores/online and it was a MUST HAVE (at the time lol). When I got it it looked good at first, but then after analyzing it I was doubtful. Smelled funny, leather was really soft and wrinkly (like it had been used a lot even though seller listed it as "excellent, used one month"). Also, the hardware seems like plastic..I have another britt with the same hardware and when I tap them with my nails they sound different. The real one also is a lot colder to the touch than the possible-fake. I posted pics on here a while ago but everyone said it looked fine. The seller said she would send me the receipt but she hasn't. Great feedback, pictures fooled me and the people on this thread. A second opinion? Should I return it? :sad:

**pics are hers. Here's a link to auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=190119032814&rd=1&rd=1

Attachments

• 74b2_3.JPG
    74b2_3.JPG
    81.6 KB · Views: 1,292
  • 758a_3.JPG
    758a_3.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • 75ed_3.JPG
    75ed_3.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 1,379
  • 7655_3.JPG
    7655_3.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 1,286
Kavnadoo that's a beautiful color on that wallet, what year was that? Thanks for the pics of the fake stamped on numbers, helpful!

Actually I have a question that I might as well ask. I bought a bag off of ebay a few weeks ago because they no longer had it in stores/online and it was a MUST HAVE (at the time lol). When I got it it looked good at first, but then after analyzing it I was doubtful. Smelled funny, leather was really soft and wrinkly (like it had been used a lot even though seller listed it as "excellent, used one month"). Also, the hardware seems like plastic..I have another britt with the same hardware and when I tap them with my nails they sound different. The real one also is a lot colder to the touch than the possible-fake. I posted pics on here a while ago but everyone said it looked fine. The seller said she would send me the receipt but she hasn't. Great feedback, pictures fooled me and the people on this thread. A second opinion? Should I return it? :sad:

**pics are hers. Here's a link to auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...MEWN:IT&viewitem=&item=190119032814&rd=1&rd=1

Repost your question under "Authenticate this Gucci", but to me, this handbag looks fine, I would keep it, just my opinion.:tup:

Kneehighz realised that she posted in the wrong thread. You probably missed it, it's at the bottom of her post. :smile:

Last edited by kneehighz : Jul 1st, 2007 at 03:20 PM. Reason: err..oops, I just realized this wasn't the authenticate this thread..sorry...

SHAWNAX- I will admit that I am not the best with Gucci replicas...BUT doesn't the fabric have continuity. As in, the labels (the G's) do not get cut off anywhere at the seams and if they do they continue right on where they left off? I may be just thinking of Louis Vuitton but I know that is true with Chanel and I believe Gucci as well... but someone may prove me wrong!

I found this clutch in my moms closet....i dont know if it is real or fake. can anyone help? The inside tag says "Gucci Parfums Made in Italy"

Attachments

• Gucci 001.jpg
    Gucci 001.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,202
  • Gucci 002.jpg
    Gucci 002.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,164
  • Gucci 003.jpg
    Gucci 003.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,277
Status
Not open for further replies.