GUCCI 101: How to read GUCCI tags

r15324

Dismembered
O.G.
Nov 23, 2009
Ever wondered what all the digits mean on a Gucci price ticket?

Apart from the price each Gucci ticket that you see carries seven vital pieces of information. These are:

1. Product Department
  2. Product Style Number
  3. Product Material Code
  4. Product Colour Code
  5. Product Size
  6. Product Season
  7. Product SKU Number

attachment.php

Product Department:

This three digit number on the top-left of the ticket describes the department of the product to which the ticket belongs to. Gucci divides the departments into (but is not limited to):

100 Handbags
110 Lifestyle
115 Travel & Business
120 Women's SLGs
130 Men's SLGs
140 Unisex SLGs
150 Belts
200 Women's Shoes
210 Men's Shoes
300 Women's RTW
310 Men's RTW
400 Women's Silks
410 Men's Silks
500 Silver Jewellery
515 Pens
520 Timepieces
530 Sunglasses
541 Fragrances

Style Number:

Is a six digit code describing the product's model. This is also the six digit number stamped into the top row of your product's (incorrectly referred to) "serial number". The bottom six digits represent the factory from which the product was manufactured.

For example, a style number can refer to a "Small Joy Boston", BUT a different one will refer to the "Medium Joy Boston" etcetera. In the same way, a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston", a "Small Beige/Ebony GG Plus Joy Boston" and a "Small Black Imprimée Joy Boston" will all have the same Style number, as long as the style is the same.

Material Code:

Is a five digit code of mixed numerals and letters which describe the exact combination of material used to produce the product.

For example, a "Small Guccissima Joy Boston" will have the same material code (AA61G) as a "Medium Guccissima Joy Boston", but will have different style numbers.

Colour Code:

Is a four digit code describing the colour combination of the product. For example, a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston" and a "Medium Black Guccissima Joy Boston" will have the same colour code (and material code but different style code).

Some key codes:

1000 - Black
1060 - Black w. Green/Red Web
4019 - Chocolate
9643 - Beige/Ebony

Size:

Aside from clothing, belts and shoes, most products should not have a size indicated on the ticket. i.e., a "Medium Joy Boston" is not size M, and a "Small Joy Boston" is not size S. They should instead be size 'NOS' for 'No Size'. Clothing will either be S, M, L etc. or in European sizing 46, 48, 50 etc.

Season:

Is shown as an S followed by two digits. The first digit is the final digit of the year's collection, and the last digit describes the collection, 1 denoting Spring/Summer, 3 denoting Fall/Winter.

eg. S91 represents SS2009; S03 represents FW2010.

SKU:

The SKU code is a set of nine digits describing the exact product. This code may vary from region to region, but should be the same for any product within the same country.

eg. If a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston" had code 123456789, then all "Small Black Guccissima Joy Bostons" in your region will similarly have the same 123456789 code. This code is of more use to Gucci employees however.

---

Hope this helps you for whatever you need the knowledge for, or otherwise, it's just cool to know ;)

It is also interesting to know that this format is followed by most Gucci Group brands.

:heart:
R

Attachments

• Ticket.png
    Ticket.png
    52.6 KB · Views: 8,057
Reactions: XtinaMarie
:goodpost:

PERFECT! thanks for the info! youre the BEST! but may i just add my two cents. i understand that i "incorrectly" refer to the style number and supplier code in the gucci AT thread, but its just my way of a generalized statement of the numbers. hope you dont mind :P

Apart from the price each Gucci ticket that you see carries seven vital pieces of information. These are:

1. Product Department
  2. Product Style Number
  3. Product Material Code
  4. Product Colour Code
  5. Product Size
  6. Product Season
  7. Product SKU Number

attachment.php

Product Department:

This three digit number on the top-left of the ticket describes the department of the product to which the ticket belongs to. Gucci divides the departments into (but is not limited to):

100 Handbags
110 Lifestyle
115 Travel & Business
120 Women's SLGs
130 Men's SLGs
140 Unisex SLGs
150 Belts
200 Women's Shoes
210 Men's Shoes
300 Women's RTW
310 Men's RTW
400 Women's Silks
410 Men's Silks
500 Silver Jewellery
515 Pens
520 Timepieces
530 Sunglasses
541 Fragrances

Style Number:

Is a six digit code describing the product's model. This is also the six digit number stamped into the top row of your product's (incorrectly referred to) "serial number". The bottom six digits represent the factory from which the product was manufactured.

For example, a style number can refer to a "Small Joy Boston", BUT a different one will refer to the "Medium Joy Boston" etcetera. In the same way, a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston", a "Small Beige/Ebony GG Plus Joy Boston" and a "Small Black Imprimée Joy Boston" will all have the same Style number, as long as the style is the same.

Material Code:

Is a five digit code of mixed numerals and letters which describe the exact combination of material used to produce the product.

For example, a "Small Guccissima Joy Boston" will have the same material code (AA61G) as a "Medium Guccissima Joy Boston", but will have different style numbers.

Colour Code:

Is a four digit code describing the colour combination of the product. For example, a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston" and a "Medium Black Guccissima Joy Boston" will have the same colour code (and material code but different style code).

Some key codes:

1000 - Black
4019 - Chocolate
9643 - Beige/Ebony

Size:

Aside from clothing, belts and shoes, most products should not have a size indicated on the ticket. i.e., a "Medium Joy Boston" is not size M, and a "Small Joy Boston" is not size S. They should instead be size 'NOS' for 'No Size'. Clothing will either be S, M, L etc. or in European sizing 46, 48, 50 etc.

Season:

Is shown as an S followed by two digits. The first digit is the final digit of the year's collection, and the last digit describes the collection, 1 denoting Spring/Summer, 3 denoting Fall/Winter.

SKU:

The SKU code is a set of nine digits describing the exact product. This code may vary from region to region, but should be the same for any product within the same country.

eg. If a "Small Black Guccissima Joy Boston" had code 123456789, then all "Small Black Guccissima Joy Bostons" in your region will similarly have the same 123456789 code. This code is of more use to Gucci employees however.

---

Hope this helps you for whatever you need the knowledge for, or otherwise, it's just cool to know ;)

It is also interesting to know that this format is followed by most Gucci Group brands.

R

This is interesting. When did this protocol take effect? Some time in the 1990's? How does this fit with vintage items?

PERFECT! thanks for the info! youre the BEST! but may i just add my two cents. i understand that i "incorrectly" refer to the style number and supplier code in the gucci AT thread, but its just my way of a generalized statement of the numbers. hope you dont mind :P

Thanks, I'm flattered :smile: Yeah, I don't care, but I just don't want people to sound like fools if they use such information whilst in a boutique.

This is interesting. When did this protocol take effect? Some time in the 1990's? How does this fit with vintage items?

The cataloguing system has been in effect previously, but the modern ticket has changed to this format since the mid 00's, especially to normalise the other brands that the group has acquired since.

1. Product Department
  2. Product Style Number
  3. Product Material Code
  4. Product Colour Code
  5. Product Size
  6. Product Season
  7. Product SKU Number

attachment.php

Product Department:

100 Handbags
110 Lifestyle
115 Travel & Business
120 Women's SLGs
130 Men's SLGs
140 Unisex SLGs
150 Belts
200 Women's Shoes
210 Men's Shoes
300 Women's RTW
310 Men's RTW
400 Women's Silks
410 Men's Silks
500 Silver Jewellery
515 Pens
520 Timepieces
530 Sunglasses
541 Fragrances

Style Number:

Material Code:

Colour Code:

Some key codes:

1000 - Black
4019 - Chocolate
9643 - Beige/Ebony

Size:

Season:

SKU:

---

R

Wow! very specific! I assume you work for Gucci? :graucho: Have we seen you in any of the stores?

r15324 :kiss:

I am glad you didn't give out too many of the codes, we don't want them falling into the hands of 'enemy' agents ;)

Haha, true, but all the codes are already available on the website!

Wow! very specific! I assume you work for Gucci? :graucho: Have we seen you in any of the stores?

No, I do not work for Gucci or any of the brands of the Gucci Group :smile:

This is very helpful, I just got ahold of a few Gucci items with price tags attached and Im trying to figure out thier worth via Google search, eBay, etc, but when I type the style code, sku number or serial numbers in I get 0 results matching my item... What am I doing wrong?