GST & PST, can the leather be removed?

1. I know this may sound weird, but I wanted to know if the peice of leather thats on each strap in the shoulder area can be removed?

I love the bags, but I HATE the leather shoulder padding.

Does anyone know if can be removed personally or by Chanel?

2. I know Chanel will never do it. They will never alter their style. Im sure it can be done by a repair shop but wouldnt that make the strap too short for the shoulder?
  3. If you dont like the leather in the middle of the GST & PST, why dont you get the one that is similar to those two but has the top zipper, that will be excellent choice, don't you think???
  4. I agree the timeless tote with zipper looks like these bags and the size is in between the two. It zips at the top and has the chain handles without the leather pads in the middle.
  5. That's what I was going to suggest too, the timeless tote. I would never want to buy a Chanel bag and then alter it in any way. I'd be too scared, and I would think it would also tank it's resale value if you ever decide you don't want it in the future.
  6. I like the timeless tote, but it only comes in gold hardware, especially the bag with the large cc on the front.

Has anyone seen it in silver?
  7. I asked Damian (@ Saks Bala Cynwyd) the same question, and the answer is no.
    It only comes with gold HW.
  8. I've seen the timeless petit shopping tote with the bijoux silver chain in black, but this is the one with the small silver cc at the top. Let me see if I can find a pic.
  9. Yes, the PST comes in silver HW. The timeless tote (the one with the zipper on top) on the other hand, only comes with Gold HW.
  10. Here are some pics taken from the forum, The red version also comes in black. I have the classic tote in gold hardware and it holds loads.
    sellstuff167.jpg TIMELESS_TOTE.JPG
  11. ^Yeah, that's the one I was thinking of too.

I'd never seen those other two. Cute. :smile: