GRR to US WEEKLY!

Not really. Living expense cost higher each year, annual raise for employees, things cost more each year, etc..

And lots of things cost less each year if you're outsourcing your work to places that pay employees 75 cents per hour.

I wish my employer would raise my wage because of "living expenses" - especially at the same rate bags are going up! I know of no other industry that outsources so much to China *and* raises prices.,(again, even though your bag may say "Made in Italy, according to FTC rules, it *can* be partially made in China) Usually, it's because they want to keep prices low.

And again, I cannot find one popular (highly knocked off) luxury bag business that is losing money. Their profits continue to go up and production costs continue to go down. For example, in 2006, LVMH's (which owns Louis Vuitton) net profit grew 30%! (source: Businessweek 2/15/07)

Not all the money is going towards salaries, etc! If you look at their history, it seems every time they raise prices, their sales and profits go up! And any increased production cost, salary is figured into this equation. It's just profit! Replicas certainly aren't hurting their bottom line much!

*looking at LVMH as a stock option*

well whatever. at this rate i just won't get a spy because i'm not buying a replica, or a fake, and i'm not going to pay out the ass for it because while i'm saving my money for the bag, the price is going up. i have'nt started saving yet, but chances are slim i will if the price increase just keeps happening. what's the point.

I don't know about that.

Okay, I'm looking at publicly released financial data for 2005-2007. I can only go by what the numbers say. If you can find one company that has switched to China for bag production *and* pays higher production costs, please let me know because I'd want to avoid that dumb company.

"Let's move to China so we can pay more!" - I have never heard that sentence uttered by a CEO.

Again, I am also going by 2005-2007 publicly released financial data.

Going to work,

well whatever. at this rate i just won't get a spy because i'm not buying a replica, or a fake, and i'm not going to pay out the ass for it because while i'm saving my money for the bag, the price is going up. i have'nt started saving yet, but chances are slim i will if the price increase just keeps happening. what's the point.

Keep the faith! I thought I was never going to be able to get a Spy bag, but I lucked out and bought one from someone who'd waited too long to decide if she wanted her bag or not, and could no longer return it to the store she bought it from. She ended up selling it to me for hundreds of dollars off retail just to try and make as much of her money back as she could. The bag was authenticated and still had the store tag attached, it was never used. So good things can still happen. The great deals are out there!

I remember going to JCPenney once and nearly passing out. In the handbag section, there it was: my much coveted Marc Jacobs Stam!! Of course I then realised I was not in Neiman's and looked at the price tag: 40 USD.

But it looked exactly like it! Did I buy it? No. But I somewhere read it's OK if you copy the design, as long as you don't advertise it as the real thing/copy the logos and hallmarks.

How do you feel about ABS dresses, then? Isn't it the same idea--copying a couture dress, that actually, legitimately is not available to the average consumer..or dresses that are one of a kind, so that people can wear them to prom and weddings? Just a thought! :wondering

i guess i find clothes to be different, even though i shouldn't. good point.

i just don't like how they're COPIED EXACTLY ya know? down to the bumpies on the handles. and the spy clasp looking exactly the same. they didn't even try to change it one bit, and that's what bothers me. i don't want to see a "spy" and be fooled i guess.

I used to get all angry and upset when seeing any replica bags. but honestly, since there are just so many and that we are getting smarter in spotting on fakes, and for my sanity sake, i start to think...well it is a compliment to the designers and SHAME ON THOSE ______!

I see those all the time and most of the time the bags that they are comparing for prices arent total replicas like that "spy" one. many of them are so far apart in looks that you really cant call them replicas. I cant afford the designer brands by myself so I love having the option of seeing what else is out there... not saying that I would buy that "spy" because I wouldnt.

I remember watching E!News and they did something like that with patent leather bags for different prices and some bags just have those classic shapes that so many designers and manufacturers use that I really dont see the problem in that case. :wlae:

if i like something out of my price range i'll try to save for it. if not, i will try to find another handbag that is acctually in my price range by another designer or something. it's the thrill of the chase! to find bags you love, that are quality and in your price range IS possible. i am living proof, check my little collection out. i should really post pix of the stuff i got from my mumzy. hmm. anywho, i just get irked when people get copied like that, but i guess if there are that many people that condone that kind of thing i'll just have to ignore it :shrugs: :yes:

Ooh, not cool. Perhaps it's speaking to the nature of the magazine too to accept that ad - light hearted, not serious, etc. They're not a fashion mag, but I'm sure Fendi would still be annoyed with them.