Gris Vert Edith?

ETenebris

O.G.
Feb 4, 2006
I have been eyeing this color for a while, but I am not sure what the colors looks like in real life. Has anyone seen this? Does it have a green cast to it? Or is it more dark grey? My thinking, I suppose, is that it is a dark version of mousse...sort of. I love the shoulder version, but I think I would sometimes go sans strap. I wish the price on the shoulder was not so outrageous! :shrugs:

Attachments

• EdithGrisVert.jpg
    EdithGrisVert.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 223
  • EdithGrisVertheld.jpg
    EdithGrisVertheld.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 69
  • Edithshoulderside.jpg
    Edithshoulderside.jpg
    171.1 KB · Views: 78
  • Edithsizecomparison.jpg
    Edithsizecomparison.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 75
It is definitely a grey/green. It is beautiful IRL too- I saw it at NM (not the classic Edith but antoher variation) and it was truly beautiful!!! It is a deeper green than mousse as well.

I would also say light grey/green (if I am thinking of the right color). It does not have the slight blue undertone that I recall the mousse having. Is there a darker green as well? I would describe the color I saw as light olive or slight sage. I was not fond of it. But the chocolate was nice... (What can I say, I like the deep, rich colors...)

There is a chocolate, and also an olive...but those are different from the gris-vert. I think the olive has a pretty strong yellow undertone, at least from the pics I have seen.

I have a gris vert, and I can't say that it has a green undertone although many TPFers said so. To me, it's just grey, like concrete...or off-black. On pictures, they looked a bit different because of the flash and lighting.

Excess Baggage said:
I have a gris vert, and I can't say that it has a green undertone although many TPFers said so. To me, it's just grey, like concrete...or off-black. On pictures, they looked a bit different because of the flash and lighting.

That's not the bag in your avatar, is it? Can you post some pics please? I am dying to see what the gris vert REALLY looks like! Thanks!

Those of you who have actually SEEN the gris-vert...would you say that the old LVR pic of "mousse" is what the gris-vert actually looks like in person?

Attachments

• 0098.JPG.jpg
    0098.JPG.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 75
ET, I love that grey color shown in the paddington photo! What a versatile and beautiful color! I can only see it working for the fall/winter months though? Maybe I'm wrong. If I lived up north I would definitely get this color. Alas, I am in Florida and don't think it would work down here.

ET, I looked at Edith colors today for you in NM. The olive, chocolate, and gris-vert (I think!) bags were side by side. I can now see the similarity between gris-vert and mousse. Gris-vert is a bit darker and does not have the slight blue (?) tinge of the mousse.

SoCal said:
ET, I looked at Edith colors today for you in NM. The olive, chocolate, and gris-vert (I think!) bags were side by side. I can now see the similarity between gris-vert and mousse. Gris-vert is a bit darker and does not have the slight blue (?) tinge of the mousse.

Thanks SoCal! You are awesome! :yes: