Green Tea?

1. Hi everyone!

I had a question.. I know that we're supposed to try to get at least 8 glasses of water per day (so about 2 liters?), but do those 8 glasses include other drinks, or is it JUST water?

I read that scientists recently announced that green tea (teas in general) are not counted as diuretics anymore (as coffees and sodas are), and that they DO count in the total consumption of H2O.

Is that true? I try to consume 8 glasses of water per day in addition to the numerous cups of green tea that I drink, but would such consumption of green tea detract away from the total consumption of water? Ahh so confusing! :push:

Thanks ladies :flowers:

2. I would think that they count.

3. i think they count tooo!
    i drink green tea all the time...
    and i consider it part of my 8 glasses a day... (i don't drink anything close to 8 glasses though)

4. be careful...too much green tea is bad for your kidneys!:yes: Water is the BEST thing for you!

5. Really?? how so??
    I have a japanese friend who drinks green tea like all the time, any time of the day.. and she said, it's the tradition in Japan to just drink tea all the time...not one of those processed green tea that you could find in 7-eleven though

6. I love organic green tea. Yes, I do drink them on top of the 3-4litres of water i down every day. Green tea has loads of antioxidants, and speeds up your metabolism as well. Drink up!!

7. i PMed u back :yes:

8. I have to agree with Skinny. Water is the best (even better with ice and a lemon wedge)!

9. ditto!!

10. Water is the best choice. But I have a cup of green tea in the morning and at night. Doctor said it was okay.

11. okayyyyyy i was totally drinking a venti sized green tea when reading this and i'm a bit freaked out.

is too much bad for you? like if i drink three venti sized cups a day...

i really can't stand the plain taste of water

which is why i do green tea b/c i need water....so i figured its the same?

can someone help?

12. It depends if there's caffeine in your tea.

13. :sad: there is.

i can't get by w/o it.

since i don't drink coffee...

can anyone explain further? thanks.

14. Caffeine takes water away from your body. So I don't count sodas and caffeinated beverages towards my daily water intake. I read a formula somewhere with which you can compute how much water you are getting from a caffeinated beverage, but now I don't remember where. An eight ounce glass of caffeinated tea/soda/coffee does NOT count as an eight ounce glass of water. Maybe count it as half?

15. ohhh. thanks rinstar!