Great low-fat salad trick

1. I learned a new low-fat technique/trick from my brother (a chef) and I thought I would share it with you.

If you are making a salad for lunch or dinner clean and prepare all greens as usual. Make sure they are fairly dry. Then measure 1 teaspoon of olive oil and toss the lettuce with tongs. Just keep gently rolling over the leaves until they are all coated with the oil. Believe it or not 1 teaspoon does the job. Then go and add balsamic vinegar or lemon juice or whatever. The salad will taste great! I think it is much better than using 1 or 2 tablespoons of viniagrette - which never seems to stick to the lettuce.

Just 1 point if your're doing WW!

2. Sounds like a great idea!

I also learned this from a friend: Instead of pouring salad dressing over your salad, just put it in a little dipping sauce cup, and dip each salad leaf/carrot/whatever into the cup so each piece gets a flavor of dressing. You'll be surprised how little sauce you actually use, with all the yum of salad dressing for each bite!

3. Just to add to the trick, if you replace olive oil with flaxseed oil, its even better! :smile: Flaxseed oil actually taste alright in a salad, got a nutty taste to it.

4. Great ideas!

Thanks ladies!

5. Thanks for sharing the tip w/us. I love a little bit of olive oil in my salad except that I like to eat bad for the most part! :sad:

6. i totally agree with clanolis. if you have the dressing on the side andjsut dip into it. u use barely any and each bit has dressing. its soo strange how that works