Great cheap bags...

found it at zappos.com for $79. I looked a little more, and found it on clearance at HSN.com for $19!
Way to go kore! Isn't predatory shopping fun? I would do it even if I were rich!

Oh, and so that I can contribute as well as comment, I think Target might still have a couple of the ones in my avatar left, around $13 if I remember correctly.

I could just kick myself. I paid almost $18, THEN the price went down ;)

Therefore, I thought it might be fun to try posting some of our fave bags under say, 50 dollars.

I'm so thrilled to see this thread! My hubby and I just got home from a trip to Fargo and while there I picked up two cute bags at JC Penneys!!! So, I get home and think, "Do I post my new bags? Will anyone care about $50 handbags from Penneys?" While pondering this question, I find this thread! Yeah!!! :yahoo: So, here are my two new acquisitions! They were on sale and the total with tax was right at $100 for both! I got these because I had a craving for a plum and a green bag but I know myself well enough to know that in just one season I'll be tired of plum and green so didn't want to spend $200 on one bag! I can keep saving for a bigger splurge and feel happy with my instant gratification bags! (I REALLY want another Hayden-Harnett bag but in a color that I'll use for a few years!) Now it might be just me but I thought they had kinda a Tano thing going for them and they are both leather with nice organized interiors. Anyway, I'm content! :love: Pics by me! The plum is A.N.A. and the green is Worthington.

Attachments

• a.n.a (Small).jpg
    a.n.a (Small).jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 340
  • worthington (Small).jpg
    worthington (Small).jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 343
tlloveshim, good buys - congrats! Did you see the Tignanello bags at JC Penneys?

I just bought this for my Mom...she will love it!! Thanks for the heads up!!

Annemerrick, you're most welcome. :smile:

Here's a cheery-looking item from candyargyle: $14 plus shipping of $5 to US

Etsy :: Happy Blue Flower Handbag

Another blue bag - this one is made from recycled 60's fabric:

Katrinakaye from Amsterdam:
Etsy :: NEW --- Same Scandinavian vintage fabrics - New roomy shoulder bag design
$25 plus shipping

Black satchel from Studiostelle:
Etsy :: SALE Black bird satchel - small
$36 plus shipping cost of $10 (international)

Awww...that little bluebird is so darn cute!
Rose, those are great vintage bags! One of these days, I will have to shoot pics of my vintages for you. I have a few you would probably freak out over!! As a matter of fact, I may have you help me find a bag that I am trying to locate, as we seem to be drawn toward the same "structured" bags of earlier days. I think they really make a girl look classy and proper.
Mag, I agree with the AnnTaylor thing...they always have things that I like there. I really love that store. And tlloveshim...I LOVE some of the bags JcPenney has. I also think of them as "instant gratification"! That is so funny because I call them that, too. When spending more than 100 bucks on myself would make me feel lousy, I can sometimes fight my need for another bag with a "deal" that I can justify. I love this thread! I am so glad that people are adding their thoughts. I got tired of so many people being intimidated by the 1k+ bags here, that I thought it might be a good idea to open up the floodgates to bags that are more easily attainable to ANY budget!;) I will post again later when I find a "bargain of the day"!

tlloveshim, good buys - congrats! Did you see the Tignanello bags at JC Penneys?

Thanks! No, didn't see any Tignanello! Those are good bags for cheap though! I have a gorgeous wallet from Tignanello that is sooo super soft!!

OK, this is a bit over $50 but sooo cute! Found it on Zappos.com for $67.95 but shipping is free! :smile:

Attachments

• elliot lucca.jpg
    elliot lucca.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 235
...the classic L.L. Bean Tote is $24 to $37, depending on size in this zip top model:

There is also an open topped model which is even less expensive. I have an extra large one which was a gift and it is simply timeless and indestructible no matter where it goes. I used to think they were too 'preppy,' but when I use one on casual weekends at the coast it works great! :love:

Attachments

• LLBean.jpg
    LLBean.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 214
Way to go kore! Isn't predatory shopping fun? I would do it even if I were rich!

Oh, and so that I can contribute as well as comment, I think Target might still have a couple of the ones in my avatar left, around $13 if I remember correctly.

I could just kick myself. I paid almost $18, THEN the price went down ;)

Ok, I love the purse in your avatar! I just checked Target.com and didn't find it. Is it only available in the store?

If I could go over the $50 limit by just a couple of dollars (I am keeping it under 60) ...

Dooney & Bourke is clearing out the Nile collection in their outlets and while I am not usually a Dooney fan, I recently snagged a grape Nile barrel bag for $57 and I LOVE it - so much so that I am going to have to pry it out of my own hands when I gift it this Christmas (the one in the picture is fuschia because I couldn't find a picture with the grape, which I liked better).

B000IMPQ0O.01-A2VPT7ALCMD3DM._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V38846753_.jpg

Also, I am a huge fan of BCBGirls for cheap yet fun bags. This one is only $59.99 on sale at Amazon:

B000K22WK4.01-A3A8UX4Z9R2EJG._AA280_SCLZZZZZZZ_V36892580_.jpg

Ok, I have picked my personal fave deal today...
Ninewest.com - Product Detail - convertible belt bag
I know not everyone would try to pull this off, but I think for the person who would, it would be super cute with skirt and boots when you are out, or even a sweater and nice jeans. I know it is a belt bag, but i think it is very stylish for the trendy and risk taking person who can pull it off. At 14.50, a deal.

I personally love Lucky Brand. They have a bag or two that I am eyeing. As far as the 50 dollar cutoff, my intention was just to make sure that no bag goes unnoticed, since many of us do adore and covet the bags that cost more than a vehicle. I love it when (and this RARELY happens) I see a bag so unique or well made that I am shocked when I see the price tag. If it is a deal, then I get to buy it without second thought or remorse. That is a great feeling for those of us who find our bag "craving" impossible to satisfy!