Grapefruit weight loss

1. Hi,
    I was wondering if anyone has used grapefruit juice and/or the apple cider juice to aid in weight loss? I am looking to lose 5-10lbs, and feel like I need a little boost. Just wondering if it works and what kind to get?
  2. How are you supposed to use it when losing weight? Just add it to your daily food intake? I'd be interested to hear more, too.
  3. I had heard there was something in the grapefruit that made u feel full faster? sooo it didn't exactly aid ur weightloss but just kinda tricked u into eating less. This was per some person on the Today show likely... I have not ever really been able to stand the taste of grapefruit, but if it does something serious I may try it...
  4. I was just talking to a friend about this today! So apparently all these diets (grapefruit, those ones where you only drink juice for 3 days) ONLY get rid of your excess water weight. They work by being incredibly low sodium, so your body sheds its excess sodium, and along with that, excess retained water. You will lose weight (around 2-5 lb), but it will come back when you stop the no-sodium diet and start eating salt again. I think these diets are good if you need to lose weight to fit into a dress for a special occasion, or need to be photographed in a bikini, etc. But you'll definitely gain the weight back in a few days to a week.
  5. I heard about some lady using apple cider with all her meals and she lost 50 i dont know...supposdly it aids in insulin efficiency?
  6. I've tried this...does not work and it gets expensive.
    Basically you're suppose to eat half a grapefruit in the morning for breakfast and eat the other half as a dinner replacement (if you've had a big or late lunch) or right before dinner so you're full.
    IT DOES NOT WORK! its just sour...and grapefruits are expensive! I'm always hungry like an hour later.
    I think you're better off just cutting what you eat in half!