Grandpa's Legacy Part II - Passing It On

1. Hiya! Hope everyone's having a great 2008 so far. I am! :smile:

I finally made it down to my grandfather's house. He's teaching me to cut stones. I cannot tell you how much fun it is!!!

I wrote a blog post about my experience and will write a new one when we finish the rings.

The process isn't complete...but here is what I made so far...

If you haven't seen my first post about Grandpa's Legacy it is here. He's an amazing talent and I want to learn from him before it's too late.

I hope you enjoy watching this process! :yahoo:
  2. How awesome!! I'm jealous since I've always wanted to learn!

I labeled a rock on your other thread you posted that you didn't know the name of. :p

BEAUTIFUL work on that thread, btw. VERY talented! Keep learning that trade, what a great thing to pass on.
  3. Wow, that's such a unique ring!! Can't wait to see what other pieces you make!

PS- I commented your other thread too ;)
  4. Thanks you guys! My mom told me that grandpa had SUCH a great time. He's pretty lonely now that grandma is gone. He loves visiting. :smile: He's a wonderful man and I hope I can learn a lot from him!
  5. that is so incredible that you get to share that with him - and what a beautiful ring, too!
  6. Oh the ring isn't done yet. That's just the halfway point. I'll post the final ring when it's done...probably two weeks from now. We need to grind it down into a cab and then polish it and set it. I just stuck it in the ring setting to photograph it. I'm really excited to get back down there! =D