Grand shopping or Cerf tote?

Grand shopping or Cerf?

1. Grand shopping

2. Cerf

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hi girls, would love to have your opinions on this. I would be using this as a work tote...please vote! Reasons for choosing one over the other would be greatly appreciated :smile:
  2. I just got the Gr. Shopper this week, and it is very much a handbag--I would go cerf for work. The G. Shopper is only 13" wide, and with the compartment in the middle, folders/laptops will not fit in it easily. However, I will say that i did slip a small notepad into it for short meetings this week, instead of carrying my "work bag" along. It has alot of room for sure, and is a great bag but don't expect it to substitute a work tote.
  3. i voted for the cerf bc i prefer the subtle understated cc turnlock. the bigger C's on the grand shopping aren't as professional to me. but i work in a conservative field so the bigger c's might not be a big deal to you, depending on where you work.
  4. I initially went for the Grande Shopping but had to have the Cerf in black. The Cerf is vey low-key and I like the fact that I can fit my iBook along with some paperworks in it.
  5. I love the quilt and the chain so I choose GS. But I must admit, the bag is heavy even it's empty.
  6. What is teh nature of your work? Mine is pretty conservative so I would feel go with the cerf. the gs is beautiful but a bit flashy for work IMO.
  7. ITA - the GS is too blingy for my work... it depends on your field. I can get aways with a Balenciaga, but I like things with discreet logos/more plain for the workplace. I'm a bit biased though, since I :heart: the Cerf. My favorite is actually the one with the Mademoiselle closure, since it's very discreet and modern.
  8. I voted for the Cerf tote because I recently purchased the large version in black and took it on a trip to NYC with me last week. We had a late flight back home and had to check out of our room early, so I was forced to carry it with me for the entire day. The things I like about it are that it has so many pockets / compartments so you can keep things very organized (I'm really bad about just throwing things in my bags). Also, because it is a very subtle Chanel bag, I felt very comfortable carrying it with me everywhere (subways, shopping, US Open, etc..).

I also thought about the Grand Shopping Tote, but felt that I would get more use out of the Cerf...but IMO you can't go wrong with either!
  9. I chose for the Cerf Tote =)
  10. I agree w/ the other's questions. . . what will you be using it for mainly?
    I personally prefer the Grand but it may not be as practical. . . {?}
  11. Thanks for all your wonderful advice! I'm planning on toting it to work, will probably have papers and files with me, maybe a binder or two. I too work in a conservative environment (finance) so the grand shopping may be a bit too flashy. Sounds like cerf is the way to go, I wish I could get both!
  12. Wish I could change my vote...I like the GS as it is easier to shoulder...but you could not carry papers, files, and/or binders in it. Cerf or larger bag would be better in this case...