Grand Opening of Ripley's Believe It or Not Odditorium in New York!

1. June 21, 2007

Celebrities such as Carmen Electra, Jenny McCarthy, Kelly Osbourne and Richie Rich turned up to celebrate the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It or Not! Odditorium in New York City.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is especially fascinating to me, because I remember my dad taking me to the Key West Odditorium. (And my dad remembers reading the Believe it or Not! items when they ran in the paper.)

2. [​IMG]
    Carmen Electra with members of the band Mini Kiss

[​IMG]
    Erik 'The Lizardman' Sprague

[​IMG]
    Ramos 'WolfBoy' Gomez

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Jalisa 'The Eyepopper' Thompson

3. [​IMG]
    Sword swallower Dan Meyer prepares to cut the shrunken head ribbon during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    An X-ray of an four foot long pine snake who swallowed a couple of light bulbs on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    An X-ray of Michael Hill, of Jacksonville, Fla., with an eight inch knife sticking out of his skull on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    Photographer Susan Watts photographs water bugs on display during the grand opening celebration of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

4. [​IMG]
    Olivia DaGrosa, 9, bottom right, of Miami Fla., poses for a photo inside a pickled head display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    A 3,197 lb meteorite is on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    An electric chair that once belonged to the Eddyville prison in Kentucky is on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

[​IMG]
    Lee Redmond, who holds the record for the woman with the longest fingernails, shows her nails

5. [​IMG]
    Dennis Avner, also known as the Cat Man

[​IMG]
    Jim Purol, the man who organizers say is the biggest mouth in the world shoves over 200 straws in his mouth

[​IMG]
    Jim Seay, a roller coaster designer from Baltimore, Md., walks through the 'Black Hole'

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Shrunken heads on display during the grand opening of Ripley's Believe It Or Not Odditorium

6. ooo.......creepy!! im sooo intrigued. is this open to the public? i would love to go and take a look.

7. That would be awesome to check it out!

8. OMG @ the bug eyed lady...GROSS!

And the lady with the nails, bleh!

9. Yes, it is open to the public! Ripley's is scattered all over the country.

It's like a museum, so there's admission.

http://www.ripleys.com/