Got this beauty stolen, please watch out for me

I have post traumatic stress disorder when that happened to me. Even to this day, I still think about that day every time I see a bamboo Birkin.

The guy was caught two days later joyriding. His parole officer told me this guy is a drug addict. He has been jailed before and has history of hitting his girlfriend as well. Has never worked and does not have a permanent address so he will never ever be able to pay me back for the amount I have lost from this incident.

This incident taught me a lesson too to always lock my car and never leave the car running even for a sec.

Totally feel for you, yodaling! The only positive is that you were not physically hurt during this incident. :hugs:

The world has definitely changed during the last 10 years and I no longer take my safety so casually. Now I always hold on to or lock up my belongings wherever I am. :crybaby:

I am so sorry these happened to you ladies. That's exactly why I never leave anything valuable visible in the car, ever! It was the first piece of advice I got when I got my first car. I adhere to it to this day and have never had anything stolen from my cars.

I bought this beauty in early 2015 during my 2.5 year stay in Paris. It remained one of my faves. Unfortunately, when I traveled around the Switzerland in last few days, my car got broken into and this bag was taken alongside with the suitcase containing it. Heart-broken. It's a Kelly 35 Ghillies Suede. If you happen to see it offered anywhere online or in shops in Europe (with reasonable photomatch), please don't buy stolen goods and let me know via PM or here. Thank you very much in advance. Hope this is the right section to post. This post also serves to remind people, don't take safe environment for granted and try to carry valuable stuffs in your luggage with you when you can. Have a great week, everyone.

View attachment 3419954

Omgash! I'm so sorry to read this tragic story. I'll keep an eye out for your bag on eBay or etc.

When I was in Paris, I was afraid to leave valuable in the hotel room. I figure it's harder to take a luggage out unnoticed so I put all of my purchases in there and locked the luggage. I carry anything valuable with me at all times or leave them at home.

Fingers crossed for positive outcome.

Reactions: Mali_
Oh no. So sad. And it happened to you in my country. It is usually so safe but sadly this is not the first case. I already had my friend's
car broken in and my stuff stolen (it was a gym bag but the police found my H wallet abondent) but this is nothing compared to what you experienced. Just horrible. I do think PF is really good in spotting rare gems like yours. Will be on the look out. Check with consignment stores in Swiss too. Alert them and the police. The more details and pics you give them, the higher the chances. They take this seriously. Positive thoughts

That is so terrible. Getting your car broken into is never fun, and thieves will take everything! Worse, this can happen anywhere. Last time it happened to us, it was in my husband's work parking garage in broad daylight! And all they took his dry cleaned trousers and CDs, because there is literally nothing else in his car. Like, really?

That is so terrible. Getting your car broken into is never fun, and thieves will take everything! Worse, this can happen anywhere. Last time it happened to us, it was in my husband's work parking garage in broad daylight! And all they took his dry cleaned trousers and CDs, because there is literally nothing else in his car. Like, really?

Agreed! My car window was broken once on the street in broad daylight during a 4-hour job interview in San Francisco, and there was nothing in it except an ugly $20 anorak from Burlington Coat Factory on the seat, which they took. The company I was interviewing with said some of the homeless people nearby will break into a car just to steal a bottle of water if they're thirsty. I've learnt never to leave anything on the seat or in plain sight in a car now no matter which city I'm in.

Sorry for your loss exqmaster, it is a beautiful bag.