Food Got Thanksgiving Leftovers? Thanksgiving Stew!

LivinLuxuriously

Surprisingly Content
May 14, 2006
SO delicious, so healthy, and SO easy!

After your Thanksgiving dinner are you stuck with lots of left over turkey? Use it! In large pot boil 5 cups of water. Add whatever turkey you have, bones included if you have! For my soup today I threw in all the left over breast meat I had and both turkey legs. With that I love to use fall vegetables, but you can really use whatever veggies you like. This is what I use:
1 green squash/zucchini cut in discs and then halved so you have thick chunks
1 yellow squash cut in discs and then halved so you have thick chunks
6 pearl onions, peeled (not chopped)
4 garlic cloves, smashed
2 parsnips, cut like carrots in discs
2 large basil leaves
Asparagus cut in half-pinkie sized pieces
Salt/pepper/dried basil to taste (I like ALOT of dried basil - mm-mm!)

Throw all that in there together and let sit covered for an hour at medium heat. After the hour, remove whatever bones from the pot - I used 2 legs, so I took the legs out and rinsed them in cold water so they were easier to handle. De-meat the meat from the bones and throw the boneless meat back in the pot of stew. Let sit for as long as you want. The longer it sits, the more flavor it has, but really after an hour it's good. After an hour of cooking if you choose to cook longer, lower the heat to low. I've had mine cooking for 5 hours now - I can't wait to eat!

Enjoy!!

Ohh! I forgot to add I use 1 vine tomato, chopped in chunks

And here are some pictures :P turned out excellent - so much tastier than chicken soup IMO ;)
RSCN1734.jpg

DSCN1736.jpg