Got my Fedex Customs bill from my LVR purchase today...

1. and my bill was $77.28 for 3 Boobies! Are you KIDDING me? I knew I would get a bill for customs/duty fees, but gees! I'm glad I didn't order any bags! about you girls?..pretty sure that was my first and last purchase from LVR. yikes!:nuts:
  2. how much was your total if you dont mind me asking
    i always want to order a chloe from LVR but always afraid i will be killed by customs.
  3. I paid $280 plus $20 shipping for a turquoise planet recently ... so maybe you still got a good deal. ;)
  4. I dont remember the exact total, I was trying to get the order placed so fast for fear of my Boobies going to someone else! I'll check....I have ordered gazillions of times from NetaPorter and other places overseas...mostly bags, and this is the first duty bill I have ever received. I have to read the paperwork they sent and see how they determine the fees. holey moley.
  5. I will try never again to buy out of the country b/c customs is outrageous!
  6. I got a bag from LVR recently that was about $550 and my customs bill was around $70. I thought I would have to pay it when the package arrived but FedEx sent a bill a week later. Your right, It'll probably be my last purchase from them. At least NAP includes it in their price so your not shocked by the additional charge.
  7. a turquoise planet! ~sigh~....fiatflux, you are probably right, I wanted these things so bad and I love them, so what the heck!...gotta find another way to buy my planets.
  8. okay... for some reason, i thought as long as it is below $800 you will not e charged customs.....
    so, whats the actual limit really.....
  9. I got a grey shoulder from LVR. The customs were $67. It really diminishes the bargain.
  10. I tried to research this cause I bought 2 bags from out of the country on eBay. I was not charged any duty because they were valued at $300 and $100. The US Customs website is really confusing; but it looked like that you pay duty on an item from a retailer. Really adds to the cost, doesn't it? The US stores just need to carry more inventory, especially the accessories!
  11. I have never bought a B bag from them but I have bought few paddingtons from them and I found them much less, even with customs than buying at retail price from any other boutiques or dept. stores.
    I am curious.. has anyone bought a B bag from them? if so, how much was the total including customs?
  12. FedEx and UPS are BRUTAL on customs.

I didn't know and sent a pair of jeans to Canada using UPS and marked it as $119. The guy then messages and says he got charged $47!

Otherwise it should be 9% for the US. I'm told that sometimes it's 5% on leather goods.
  13. I don't like FedEx for international shipments because they ALWAYS ding me on customs. I don't know what the % is but I remember the last time it was enough for a designer wallet (well I should say I could have purchased a designer wallet for the tax they imposed on me!). :crybaby:
  14. I bought two Purses from LVR and just got a bill from Fedex for $174. Does deflate the good deal, but still cheaper than retail for those Purses. But I don't see buying from LVR again unless I'm desperate or I hit their clearance.
  15. how much were the purses at LVR?