Got invited to LV store cocktail event - do I go?

Wow! So many people posted on this thread since I last came on TPF! You all convinced me, I will definately go and let you know how it is (and what I end up buying since I know myself, I will most likely end up buying something, even if it is just a small item). I hope for those others that are going you have a good time!

Ahh you get yourself all dolled up and you go! Have a blast..mingle...look at all the great stuff on display. I'm gathering that only the actual boutiques have in store events? I generally go to the LV inside a dept store and they don't ever have anything going on. I think I need to start shopping at the flagship store on 57th street in nyc.

I would go!!! You don't have to buy anything just because You're invited!

Exactly. And I'd advise you to go and avoid carrying an LV bag. That would almost cause a stir. You need to have a strong personality to do this, but believe me I have seen it done (in France). Go without a handbag and tell us all about it!:yahoo:

Thanks so much everyone. I think I have to bring a bag -- this is the one place I can go with other LV obsessed people (most of my friends are not into bags like I am) who can appreciate my hobby!! :smile: I have some regular mono but I honestly don't have too many LE - just the Dentelle and Cerise. Not sure which one I'll wear!!

I just went to the LV boutique on Fifth Avenue to pick up my LVOE tshirt, and my SA invited me to the event next week. We will have to exchange stories about the events.
I think he said that Scarlett Johansen was going to be there - he mentioned her name, and I didn't want to seem like I was star struck so I didn't ask him to clarify. I was just thankful for the invite.

You don't have to buy something, IMO it's one of the few times there is NO pressure to buy anything. Just enjoy the champagne and caviar. And it's the only time you can take pictures inside the store! LOL!

I got invited as well. Mine is on the 8th of May. Are we allow to take any pix in the store on that day?