Gorgeous skin

1. How do I get my skin to look like celebrities?!! They are always glowing and soo smooth. It's not fair!! lol Any secrets? tips?

2. Celebrities look the way they look because they get artificial assistance. You can easily get the Jlo "glow" by patting on some sheer bronzer. Add some gel blush and wallah!

I personally just make sure I don't touch my face a lot (with my fingers, the phones, etc). I also don't overwash. Once in the morning and once in the evening. I know that a lot of people use special masks, lotions, etc. For me wrinkle prevention is huge. So I use a good SPF face lotion during the day and then a nice night cream at night. And then, of course, eye cream!

I don't do a lot of masks, etc. Every two week's I'll give myself a short aspirin mask. Take 5-10 uncoated aspirins and smoosh them. Add a bit of yogurt, honey or something as simple as water to make the aspirin dissolve and turn into a paste. Spread it on your face and let it sit for 5-10 minutes. While washing it off use gentle rubbing motion so it exfoliates your skin. Sometimes I mix it up with Bath and Body work Pumpkin mask. It really does wonders to smooth out your skin - porcelin like!
    HTH.

3. ^^Thanks for the aspirin mask suggestion. I keep meaning to try it out but never have.

4. Here are some few tips and secrets from celebs and pros from french ELLE magazine...I might try some. -and voila the traduction from french, excuse the non perfect...-

- "each morning I apply on my dry skin 3 layers of "creme reconciliante" Payot, that I leave 5 minutes, and then take off what didn't penetrate.
    - "when applying my moiturizer I massage my face from center to external to stimulate blood circulation"
    -"A mask of pure Aloe Vera once a week.I don' know any better hydratant"
    -"The morning, I wash my face with what's left of my green tea I drunk for breakfast"
    -"I massage my face with vaseline, I leave it 10 minutes and take off with a tissue. results : baby skin "
    -"I drink a big glass of carrot juice every morning"
    -"I drink a lemon juice in water"

Personally, I follow the washing-toning-moisturizing steps
    But I avoid washing too much with water, I use a day cream with SPF, eye cream, night cream.....a bit of tinted moisturizer or bronzing gel for a natural healthy glow effect. And adapt to my skin demands (solutions against acne break outs or redness)
    I try to drink a lot of water or green tea, eat veggies -as a starter at least !-, fish is good, and take nutrition complement anti oxydant capsules full of vitamins and minerals.

5. And don't forget that what you see is NOT always what you get on celebs. They have alot of help and photos that are touched up to make them look flawless. I too am on the quest for great skin but I know that celebs don't always look gorgeous.

6. Cleanse with Kiehl's Blue Herbal Cleanser or Clinique Liquid Soap.
    Tone with Clarins Toning Lotion for Combi skin or Clinique Exfoliating Lotion
    Moisturise with Clinique DDMLotion or Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Base (non-oily at all!)
    Eye Cream from Kiehl's Abyssine range
    Clarins UV Plus SPF 40
    Tinted moisturizer from Bobbi Brown (very sparingly)
    Clarins Duo Bronzer (only if i look washed out)
    Kiehl's Lip Balm #1.
    Body moisturizer is Kiehl's Creme de Crops-super rich and moisturizing.

I only use self-tan in the winter, when the weather turns much colder, and i look washed out.

Scrubs are from Ole Henriksen Walnut Complexion Scrub and Clarins One-Step Exfoliating Cleanser..
    Masques are Clinique Self-heating Masque, Clarins Aromatic Purifying Plant Masque, Kiehl's Rare Earth Cleansing Masque, Biotherm Oxygenating Masque, Kiehl's Soothing Gel Masque.

Also, to get good skin from the inside, i take vit C, E and omega-3 pills.

(Vasoline is actual petroletum, which is a very heavy and untreated oil, and is actually very bad for your skin. It actually removes water from your skin, and you get the silky smooth feeling cos the vasoline feels so smooth, but in reality, it's really bad! I study chem, and i personally do not like vasoline at all.)

7. try seeing the celebs without make up and you'll realize that they are just like us.Imperfect.with blemishes, dark circles, etc. and you have to realize that they spend hours and hours of styling have tons of make up on when we see them,they need to look good always.

8. Interesting about Vasoline ... Kiehl's #1's main ingredient is petroleum ... same thing as Vasoline....

9. the thing is that kiehl's does have loads of oils in it as well...like castor oil, cotton seed oil, wheat germ and sweet almond oil. petrolatum is there so that the ingredients are able to be suspended in the balm! =) and you only use lip balm on your lips. hee

10. Remember too that celebs often get their makeup airbrushed on-it makes the skin look a lot more flawless than it really is.

11. IPL laser treatments and/or microdermabrasion.
    Plus expensive and religiously-followed skincare regimens.

12. Thanks everyone for all the tips!! There is alot of information here, and lots of new stuff to try!! I really want my skin to be smooth.
    Out of curiosity, what does the aspirin mask do for your skin, why aspirin?

13. Yeah I was wondering why aspirin too? 1st time I hear of it.

14. Aspirin is salicyclic acid. Salicylic acid causes the skin to shed dead cells from its top layer by increasing the amount of moisture in the skin and dissolving the "cement" between the cells. This makes it easier to shed the skin cells, softens the top layer of skin, and decreases scaling and dryness.

15. That's a great response! You can usually buy a bottle of uncoated Aspirin for really cheap. I used to use all kinds of expensive masks but they never really did anything....they only superficially improved my skin.

I actually read about the aspirin mask on makeupalley.com. When I first tried it I sneezed like crazy because I only used water and as the aspirin was drying it was flying up my nose. The more I sneezed the more it caused puffs of aspirin smoke up my nose. :lol:

After the initial treatment I walked downstairs and, for the first time ever, my husband actually asked me if I "did something" to my skin. I said, what do you mean? And he said, "it's shiney. Like porcelin."

I don't over-do it though....maybe once or twice a month.