Gone to H-E-Double Hockey Sticks...

1. Hi all! I'm baaaaaccccckkkk...

Is it just me, or have some of Louis Vuitton's most recent collections looked like...errr...the cheap counterfeits we all hate to see for sale on those folding tables in front of the subway in any big city? I won't name specific lines, as I don't want to offend anyone who is in love with, say, a PVC bag, but what recent collection do you think is actually worth the money LV is expecting consumers to pay?

2. Yeah I know what you mean...I personally love the Epi, Denim (especially the Cabby), Suhali and Vernis lines. And actually speaking of PVC, I really liked the Miroir line, it's by far the line that gets the most compliments when I use one of them.

3. I think I'd like the Miroir line better if it were some type of high shine leather, similar to the Vernis. But the fact that it's essentially plastic... :tdown:

I can understand why it gets so much attention though. It's extremely flashy. But then again, so are other lines I love, like, a bright colored Vernis or the MC.

4. I know what you mean. I doubt any LV bags costs half of what they charge us for them. But... LV really really really appeals to me. So I deal with prices, buy only the bags that I truly LVoe (try to), and just enjoy the heck out of them.

I recently bought a bag that my sis made that same comment on (about looking like cheap counterfeits etc.) I guess I should've been offended but it made me giggle :graucho: because when I first fell in love with the bag, I kinda thought that, too. hee hee.

5. *waves* hi jazzy! we missed you!

6. True. I was just amazed at how well it has held up. I even took my Speedy to Disneyland and it's gotten bashed around a lot and still looks great! Plus, you don't see it everywhere, which is good news, I like being a little different. :smile:

7. As I paid $1000 for a PVC Chanel flap, I think it's pretty evident that I don't care what something's made of. Heehee.

8. Welcome back Jazzy! As for your post, ITA!

9. I think Olympe is worth it if one can afford it...for me, I couldn't justify paying $2000 for a bag that's too small! But it's lovely leather.

10. what's the difference. . . I mean we buy coated canvas, why not PVC?
    Isn't canvas their best selling?

11. Welcome back! There are def. some lines I have not been fond of, but I like thr miroir too...it just has so much pop...and looks great dressed up or down!

12. the materials of a designer bag are definitely important, but i purchase for the overall look and concept of a bag. in reference to the previous post about the pvc chanel, i too purchased that bag. and i adore it. its audacious. i also love the east west shopper. taking high end materials and craftsmanship and making it look like a common lowend item is innovative imo.

13. You are right! :tup:

14. :wtf:

This comment is going to cause me to initiate another thread...

Thanks for the welcome backs, guys! The twins have me running around like a chicken with my head cut off...and you guys respond to threads so fast that it makes my head spin, lol!