Gold or Cognac?

Roxane, take it easy, enjoy your bags as they come.

I kind of like what Martha Stewart said about her Birkin (although I would find it hard to follow): "If you own a Birkin you only need one bag"....

but I think an epsom cognac would be delicious! It's one of the best colours in epsom!

Hmmm... I've been so caught up in the thrill of the chase that I pushed that thought aside. And yes, I am talking about buying a 3rd Birkin in a week.

Thank you for the reality check. While we are debt-free (mortgages all paid etc.) and I fund my purchases from the disposable part of my income, I think my husband might have issues with the way I spend the money, even though it is money I make.

I'm glad most of you recommend the cognac epsom, because that is what my gut is leaning towards. Ah well... maybe I will re-visit this closer to Christmas :graucho:

I think its really ok to buy 3 in a week if you find three in a row you like (you may go three years without buying one, so it evens out) but I really think you will feel better if you tell your husband. Husbands are tougher than they look, you know - he can probably handle it !

I think its really ok to buy 3 in a week if you find three in a row you like (you may go three years without buying one, so it evens out) but I really think you will feel better if you tell your husband. Husbands are tougher than they look, you know - he can probably handle it !

You're right! Jedimaster. I went through a Hermes Birkin drought for 2 long years. And oh boy would I be so happy if I can find three in a row that I like. Then again, be honest to the hubby also very important too.:P

Hi HC,
I think both Gold and Cognac are lovely colors, and from a distance they can look quite similar. When placed side by side, Gold is more caramel-like, while Cognac has a darker, deeper tan. It always struck me as being more rugged, because it reminds me of Western cowboy movies.. :biggrin:
I don't have a Gold, but I have a 35 Cognac in Epsom. Here's the pic... I hope the color comes out nicely in the pic...

Attachments

• Cognac and Noir.jpg
    Cognac and Noir.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 150
  • Cognac close up.jpg
    Cognac close up.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 149
Gorgeous bag, WB!!! Well both are gorgeous but the cognac is extra gorgeous! I never would have thought that the leather is epsom though, I would have thought swift....