Goji anyone?

1. Anyone hear of goji juice? My husband went to a seminar on this stuff and its supposed to be the cure all to every ailment on the planet: cancer, arthritis, digestive problems, weight loss, depression,Chronic fatique syndrome, need I go on? He brought home a bunch of reading material but haven't checked it out yet. Sounds too good to be true, huh?

2. ^Yes, it does sound too good to be true and I suspect that to be the case. I've heard people say the same things about pomegranate juice, too. I don't doubt that both are really good for you but a cure all? Doubtful.

3. Ironically, my DH showed me an article tonight that's called "The 10 Best Foods You Aren't Eating" and guess what? Goji berries are on the list!

Here's what it says:

These raisin-size fruits are chewy and taste like a cross between a cranberry and a cherry. More important, these potent berries have been used as a medicinal food in Tibet for over 1,700 years.

Goji berries have one of the highest ORAC ratings - a method of gauging antioxidant power - of any fruit, according to Tufts University researchers. And although modern scientists began to study this ancient berry only recently, they've found that the sugars that make goji berries sweet reduce insulin resistance - a risk factor of diabetes - in rats.

Mix dried or fresh goji berries with a cup of plain yogurt, sprinkle them on your oatmeal or cold cereal, or enjoy a handful by themselves. You can find them at specialty supermarkets or at gojiberries.com .

Interesting! :yes:

4. Yes, I read the brochures and it sounds like its just so healthy. Even helps w/your sex life. I guess you only drink an ounce a day.

5. I have seen this in the grocery store and always wondered if it was any good. What does it taste like?

6. Not sure but my husband is going to bring home a bottle. I'll let you know.

7. I bought the berries but didn't like the taste so my bunny ate them.

8. My husband said the berries are bitter. The juice has some kind of additive to make it sweeter. He'll be bringing home a bottle this week. I feel healthier already (only kidding)

9. ^ thanks for the tip - maybe I should just stick to pomegranate juice, I like the taste of that.

10. i've had them didn't like them they taste quite tart however goji berries are looking at being banned/restricted not because their harmful it's a complicated thing I can't explain at the minute but wil- later basically goji's are very strong antioxidant & 500 x richer in vit c than oranges of equal weight

the other wonderfood at the moment is acai berries