Going to work with a Cold?

1. I have been sick for a week with an awful head/chest cold... my energy is gone, I can feel the cold in my chest, and I am just starting to be able to breathe through my nose again. I've luckily had vacation from work this past week but tomorrow is my first day back (I teach at a school). Whenever I've had a cold, it hasn't really stopped me from going out or going to work, it's not like I have a fever or the flu... but I don't know about this one. Is it better to stay home, or go to work? What do you typically do when you have a cold? Thanks for your input.

2. I have the flu right now and am not sure if I am going to go to work tomorrow or not. I guess it will depend on how I feel in the morning and that would be the only advice I could give you as well - see how you feel in the morning.

3. I hate when people come to work with a cold and get others sick. If you have had it for a week I should say it is almost gone so I do not think anyone can catch it from you. Have you been taking medicine for your chest congestion--you will feel better if you take medicine to get that congestion out of your chest. I hope you feel better and try not to overdo it since your energy is low. Are you able to eat? I guess drinking plenty of liquids is supposed to help with the sinus thing. My one friend swears by Theraflu drink mix in hot water. I always feel better with nightquil or dayquil. That medicine seems to get rid of any symptoms. Hope you have a quiet night and wake up feeling a lot better.

4. I think you should stay home. It's not like your job requires you to work in a cubicle or your own office where there isn't much interaction between you and other people. After all, you are dealing with kids. You definitely need to stay home for their sake.

5. Because it is such an ordeal for me to take a day off for any reason, I will only call in sick if I have a fever or am vomiting. My personal feeling is that if you are feeling that bad you should stay home. You don't need to push yourself, you need time to recover.

6. I honestly have a big pet peeve when people at work come in all sick and say "well, it's JUST a cold." True, it's not serious but it's still very annoying and easy to spread what with doorknobs, copy machines, sink faucets, everything that can hold and pass germs.

I would strongly suggest just lying low unless you are 100% sure you're not contagious.

7. Stay home, believe me you are not getting any points for showing up sick. In the interest of infection control and for you getting better, rest until you feel better.

8. I've always lived by the rule that if I feel well enough to work out then I'm well enough to be able to go to work/school/etc. But then again, I work out every single day, so for others it might not be the best plan.

I vote with everyone else, who said see how you feel in the morning.

9. I would be fired if my boss thought I stayed home for a cold. I guess it depends on the workplace.

10. unless I felt like total death, I would work.