Going to the Gucci / Prada outlets in Italy (Florence)

1. I've just asked for some info from the Prada board but since these outlets are so far apart, any details would be great on the Gucci Mall / outlet outside of Florence, I'll be going there in November -- I'm doing my research and hoping not to have to pick one or the other -- hubby doesn't want to shop all day but he can speak some Italian and is willing to brave a day driving outside of Florence and getting me between the two as long as we can do a bit of sightseeing between etc.

Love to hear from anyone who's done both or just some info on the Gucci Mall itself -- how old is the stock 2, 3 seasons? Mostly RTW or do they get bags, shoes, scarves etc? If I have to pick one mall or the other, which should I do? LOL

Any input would be great!
  2. Whenever I've gone, the Gucci outlet there had lots of bags, wallets, and shoes. The outlet is fairly big and has more stuff than the Gucci outlets here in the US. It is stuff from past seasons (includes last season and also things from several seasons ago). The Mall also has lots of other shops and is very nice to visit. I did not go to the Prada outlet, so I do not know how it compares to that one.
  3. Even though I don't have information for you, I would like to know the outlets too since I am planning my next year trip to Italy and Florence's outlets is on my list.

Good luck and hope you have good time!!