Going to Buenos Aires in May

1. Hi there:

I will be in Buenos Aires, Argentina in May on vacation. I definitely would like to take advantage of the strong dollar and wonder if anyone can tell me where to get fine designer purses. I really love Chanel and Bottega Veneta. Are they available down there? I know there is an Hermes boutique but I read prices may be more than up here in NYC due to import taxes.

Can anyone offer suggestions. I intend to hit the antique market in San Telmo and hopefully may find some interesting vintage items too.

Thanks so much,

Fauve

2. HIII THERE!!! I am going to Buenos Aires in April!! My family is from there and presently live there! The only thing you will get a discount on there is LEATHER! I already went through all this with my uncle. I thought I was going to go there and find superbuys! on designer stuff...not the case. If anything they are more expensive there. I am going to the woodbury outlets (ny) tomorrow in hopes to find a new gucci (or any designer) bag to take with me. If not, it is off to the gucci store I go! Buenos Aires is like a HUGE TIMES SQUARE! you are going to have a blast. I will end up buying leather bags, which i already have 5 from previous trips my uncle has taken GOOD LUCK!! I will post when i get back and let you know what to expect! what is your email?

3. Hi GuCciGIRL:

Thank you so much for replying. I have done so many internet searches on Chanel, Bottega Veneta etc in BA and nothing came up and then I found there is an Hermes boutique there but the prices are even higher and I am not really into that brand anyhow.

Yes I would love to hear about your trip in April. That is the beginnin gof their FFall so is a good time to go. I am from the NYC area too. Tell me how you find Woodbury Outlet. Unfortuantely I have never had much luck there... so today I went to Saks on Fifth and bought ta Chanel Petite Shopping Tote in black cavair and am so happy. I will likely take it to BA along with something I can knock about in the antique market in San Telmo. I have been before, but it was a long time ago and before I was into designer brands!!!!!

Fauve