Going through hell with paypal chargeback issue

1. I sold a bag to this new ebayer has only 1 feedback..(few weeks ago) Everything was smooth..but recently paypal holding my fund $1200 due to chargeback..(this buyer filed )
    Buyer recieved bag and now they want chargeback?? WTF what about my bag?? I'm so mad that I have to go through this because dishonest internet scam buyer~
    anybody have experience with chargeback issue and got your money back??
    Talked to paypal but they are saying it is out of their control..it's person's creditcard company..(can take up to 75 days) OMG
  2. What was their reason for the chargeback??
  3. I am really getting turned off by eBay selling because of all the horror stories that I have read about! I used to LOVE selling, am even a powerseller, but I just don't have it in me to do it anymore.

I am sorry this is happening to you, and I hope that it moves along faster than 70+ days!

4. I couldn't agree with you more and l think it will get worse once the new system is in place.
  5. I am telling you... we need some other trading forum since most of us are fearful for listing on eBay now.

Do you immediately move your money when you receive it? I would suggest that for future transactions. Also, someone else above asked, but what was the reason for the chargeback?
  6. Reason was unuthorize transaction~
    Thing is this buyer contacted me through my other auction item. the bag she wanted to buy was ended without winner and I did not relist it..so wanted to know it is still avaliable..This cannot be unuthorized transaction..
    Driving me nuts~~
    It is out of my control...and stupid me I did not add signature confirmation on this item...I'm getting so nervious that I might lose money and my bag..arrrggg
  7. Ebay is supposed to protect the seller against chargebacks if you shipped to the buyer's confirmed paypal address and got their signature upon delivery. You need to call paypal and remind them of that!!
  8. I talked to paypal and they said I do not have seller's protection coz I did not send item with signature confirmation ..and they also told me this buyer has confirmed address..(at least this is little bit better than unconfirmed address)
    so Paypal will try to fight with their credit card company to get my money back but as we all know it is not 100% sure..

9. I'm sorry this happened to you. I hope you will get your money back.
  10. Wow, that's awful. Did you try contacting the buyer and asking for your bag back (since she has gotten her money back, you should get your bag back). Sorry this happened to you.
  11. Yes I did and of course no reply~
  12. Typical scam by buyers!!! I had a buyer of a used cell phone pay with echeck through paypal. 1 1/2 week later i'm notified by paypal that there is a chargeback on the echeck. Ok seriously...wtf?! I shipped to confirmed address so paypal said most LIKELY everything will go in my favor.

$1200 is a lot of money to lose...if i were you i would look into filing a police report for fraud even small claims court. Its worth the trouble.
  13. I just want to add that it's about time paypal and ebay protect sellers from this type of scamming. Its ridiculous what type of people are out there!
  14. Did you get your money back?? or still waiting ?:crybaby:
  15. Ugh. I feel for you. I've had 2 chargebacks and lost both of them. I hope you win!!