Going through a Marc Jacobs rut...

It's been really boring here lately. I think it's mainly because nothing is striking anyone. So I've pretty much dropped this forum for now. Sometimes you need a break. I go away from certain forums when I get tired and then when I come back it's so refreshing.

I feel the same way...I'm only interested in his older styles. The Terre line, his Lola, is TDF. I love the MP, and just got a large one in black with nickel hardware. :heart: I adore the simplicity of the plain soft calf and nickel hardware. I'm not a "quilted" anything kind of girl. I love pushlocks...I love simplicity.

I'm really into the Bbags, but I just CANNOT afford them, even secondhand. :crybaby: And I love a few Miu Miu bags. But I have so few bags that I feel as though any expensive bag purchase should be a bag I can use a LOT (as in everyday, if needed), and I don't spend $$ on pretty colors or anything like that, which is sad.

Gah. I fondled beauxgoris's black Balenciaga First bag and almost fell on the floor. It's AMAZING.

^ I agree MPJ! bbags are definitely amazing!! I got my first city a few months ago and since retired my MP. I don't even like satchel type bags. Believe me, the bbag is worth the pricey investment!

When I find my holy grail MJ, maybe then I'll retire the bbag. :yes:

I wish I'd known how much I want nickel hardware back when it was easy to find. I have been in a frenzy the past few weeks calling every NM Last Call store in the country as well as every MJ boutique asking about ANYTHING they have left with nickel hardware that I want. I'm scared to buy off eBay, but don't know where else to turn for older colors like aquamarine, peacock, brick red, pomegranate, and so forth. Ugh! Maybe Mr. Jacobs will return to his roots when he's feeling better and bring back nickel!

I kind of feel like Marc Jacobs has been neglecting his Marc Jacobs line ever since he went to Louis Vuitton. I was majorly into MJ about five years ago--the Stella was my first bigtime designer bag, then I got the Venetia, Multipocket Hobo, Blake, etc., etc.... Not much has been happening in MJ-land since then, in my opinion, except for the Stam a couple of years ago. I think the label has been kinda flat for a while.

Everything MJ that I end up liking is from past seasons. I like the suede lining on his older bags, frankly the colors and the lining is what drew me to his designs in the first place. Made the bag luxurios IMO. Like Elongreach, I too have been browsing other designer areas.

I wish I'd known how much I want nickel hardware back when it was easy to find. I have been in a frenzy the past few weeks calling every NM Last Call store in the country as well as every MJ boutique asking about ANYTHING they have left with nickel hardware that I want. I'm scared to buy off eBay, but don't know where else to turn for older colors like aquamarine, peacock, brick red, pomegranate, and so forth. Ugh! Maybe Mr. Jacobs will return to his roots when he's feeling better and bring back nickel!

The Nordstrom near me had quite a few bags with nickel hardware the last time I was there...I'm going tomorrow...PM me if you want me to check on any specific bags for you. :flowers:

I kind of feel like Marc Jacobs has been neglecting his Marc Jacobs line ever since he went to Louis Vuitton. I was majorly into MJ about five years ago--the Stella was my first bigtime designer bag, then I got the Venetia, Multipocket Hobo, Blake, etc., etc.... Not much has been happening in MJ-land since then, in my opinion, except for the Stam a couple of years ago. I think the label has been kinda flat for a while.

It's so funny that you say this, because this is totally how I feel and why I am getting rid of all of my mj bags and do not buy mj anymore. My first bag was a black sophia with nickel hardware. I wore that bag into the ground I loved it so much. It was my first foray into paying four digits ($995 at Saks) for a bag. I followed by buying the style in a lot of colors. I have one Stella in red, but the straps are too short for me to comfortablely use it as a shoulder bag so I don't use it much.

I now get the same great feeling with my chloe betties and my bbags that I used to get from my mj bags.

Oh well, maybe mj will come to his senses and breathe some life into the line some day.

I was in an MJ rut last year, and I'm just coming out of it now. I love some of the new bags... I'm a big fan of all the quilting. But most of last year's bags didn't really do it for me.

I think it's actually good to not love every collection.... it tells you that you love the bags for their style and not the brand name.:heart:

I was in an MJ rut last year, and I'm just coming out of it now. I love some of the new bags... I'm a big fan of all the quilting. But most of last year's bags didn't really do it for me.

I think it's actually good to not love every collection.... it tells you that you love the bags for their style and not the brand name.:heart:

True....we'd be broke all the time if we had to get new season bags every season:wtf: . I know I'd probably be divorced the way I've been spending in the last year:sweatdrop: .

It's a relief to me in a way to read that others feel as I do. MJ bags just are not exciting me the way they used to. After buying two Stams this winter, Tina in Sweet Pea, a bowler in Blush, and the Julia in off-white last summer, everything now seems so dull. It's going to take something pretty different to peak my interest again.

Im actually quite glad that nothing is exciting me, lol, just for the fact Im moving house in June, trying to buy my first car, and saving to go on holiday! Lol, but my Black multipocket should be here pretty soon :biggrin:

Oh man, ladies! Reading this thread has put my mind at ease. Everytime I'm scrolling through the subforum, I find myself a bit disappointed in all the pics and stuff. I had been saving my pennies for a new MJ when I'm in NYC later this month, but I've definitely turned to the Bbag forum much more lately. I am not trying to betray the MJ gods, but the Day is calling my name!! I love the classic MJ, and maybe once he's "rehabilitated" he will shine for us once again! A girl can only hope... :girlsigh: