Going off The Pill

1. I have been on the pill (a low-dose one) for about 10 years. I have decided to go off it, since my husband and I anticipate having a baby in the next year or so.

What have you all experienced in terms of weight, headaches, skin, etc? Also--did your periods get much heavier, more crampy, etc?

Would be curious to hear your experiences.

Thanks!

2. I have been on the pill for most of the last 35 years, due to severe severe cramps and 10-day long periods. The pill was a Godsend, I was 'normal' with my periods. I have been off for a couple months now, I have been so busy haven't made it to the doctor, and I kinda want to see where I am, menopause-wise, as my doctor says the Pill can give me 'fake' periods even if I was going into menopause. (I am 51)

I am thinking your periods will go back to what they were before you were on the pill. You better believe if mine do, I will be at the doctors door begging for my gyno exam and Rx!

HAd one period so far and feels like another one soon, and yep, it was heavy, and a little pain. I have got to get to the Dr because it typically gets worse by bits, until 6 months later when I am back in sheer misery (needed codeine on a few days each month for the pain!)

3. I went off the pill about 3 months ago after 16 years of constant use. I was very afraid of stopping since I had always had painful periods before the pill. I have been pleasantly surprised by the results. First, my periods have not been painful at all. Second, my periods, which lasted about 4.5 days on the pill are now down to 2.5 days. I know have some hormonal breakouts, but nothing too bad. Also, now my periods are not quite predictable. Overall, I'm glad to be off for a while.

4. ooh no I am not trying to scare you, but I had to get off my pill once because I had blurry vision and they thought the pills were the cause..The day after I got off the pill was like going to hell and back:lol: Now I am to scared to ever get off the pill, but will have to someday:sad:

5. I stoped taking the pill about 4 months ago. I actually lost weight when I went off (maybe 5 pounds). My periods were normal and I had a little hormonal breakouts but it was not bad.

6. I went off the pill after being on for the last 6/7 years and it has been horrible for me. I had breakouts and some other crap thats been driving me crazy.. I don't want to scare you but pm you if you would like to hear more..
    I thought it was me and some other issues, but I found a LEGITIMATE health forum where hundreds of woman posted about there experiences of coming off the pill...its not so nice...

also I lost 17lbs since I stopped taking the pill over a month and a half ago- it might have been 2 months can not quite put my finger on the exact date...

7. Hmmm. My periods before were a bit heavier and I got worse cramping, but that was it--skin was OK. DO most people lose weight when coming off the pill? That would be great!

8. I went off 5-6 months ago after being on it 3+ years. Best thing I ever did. My skin cleared up. I don't get as bloated. And I got my sex drive back. Yeah I get cramps real bad for about a day but I can handle that.

9. I went off the pill, and it's been the greatest thing for me. I lost about 5 lbs and my sex drive finally returned. It's been less than a month, but my non bc period is due any day..I'll keep you updated on how THAT goes lol