Glucomannan for weight loss? Anyone tried it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I was reading a real interesting article from Women's Health Magazine about Glucomannan and how it makes you more full so I went and bought some today. Here is an excerpt from Women's Health magazine. Has anyone tried this? I never even heard of it until I read this.
    from article:
    There is one kind of soluble fiber, however, that works without the nasty side effects. Glucomannan, which comes from an Asian plant known as the konjac, or elephant yam, is nature's get-skinny sponge. Able to expand up to 50 times its own water weight, it's one of the world's most effective fibers, so you can cut down on calories without even trying. Researchers at Chicago Rush University College of Nursing reviewed 12 clinical trials to determine the benefits of glucomannan and found that it promotes weight loss and satiety.

Glucomannan is also flavorless, so you can add it in powder form to just about anything, from smoothies to frozen entrées to sauces. Mix it in thoroughly (otherwise you might get unappetizing clumps that can stick in your throat) and wait 2 to 3 minutes for it to soak up whatever sauce, broth, dressing, or other liquid is on your plate. It will thicken your food and fill up your stomach, sending satiety signals to your brain. Because of that, you'll want to wash it down with plenty of water, so drink at least 8 ounces of H2O with every meal or snack.

2. Hi there!

TPF does not advocate weight loss supplements, drastic diets and other methods for weight loss that may possibly be considered unhealthy. There is a sticky at the top of this sub forum regarding this issue. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.