Giving out your passwords to friends

Most close friends and my sister know my passwords for everything (i have the same passwords for most things) but i trust them and see no reason why they shouldn't know them, they even know my bank pin number and i know all of theirs! (do u think we're too close lol)

Anyway, it's totally up to you and i think that your friend was wrong to be funny with you because you wouldn't give it her! even though i don't mind, if one of my friends didn't want to give me theirs for whatever reason i would totally understand.

If this situation comes up again, just tell her you will type in the password for her if she likes, surely she wont have a problem with that?

I've given my password out to friends for livejournal, youtube, etc. I could care less, if they weren't a close friend I wouldn't do it. I just change it afterwards anyways.

i've given my password to one of my best friends to look at an e-mail i was telling her about, she didn't ask for it, i gave it. but i also totally trust her and don't have anything very "personal" in there anyway. she's also given me hers for the same reason. i do agree though that it's best to keep passwords to yourself, it could cause issues.