Giuliana Rancic

it's very hard to go through infertility, very emotional. Especially when you see Teen Mom on tv and other women seeming to get pregnant so easily on accident.
They're going to be wonderful parents. G's parent's are ADORBS!

For all the G&B fans, they are on the cover of the new US Weekly. :smile:

They actually gave the interview, so it isn't one of those made up tabloid stories this time. And there are some cute pics of them.

I watched a couple of Giuliana and Bill episodes recently, and they are adorable. Bill is very supportive of Giuliana. I laugh when Giuliana calls Bill, "Rancic". :lol: I'm happy that they will be able to have a child through surrogacy. :smile:

I watched a couple of Giuliana and Bill episodes recently, and they are adorable. Bill is very supportive of Giuliana. I laugh when Giuliana calls Bill, "Rancic". :lol: I'm happy that they will be able to have a child through surrogacy. :smile:

I like them, but I cringe when I hear her say that :biggrin: Bill's last name is of Croatian origin and it should be pronounced "Ranchich" [râːntʃitɕ], ch as in Chile or chores; the way they say it on the show to me sounds like "rancid" - which he most certainly isn't ;)

I like them, but I cringe when I hear her say that :biggrin: Bill's last name is of Croatian origin and it should be pronounced "Ranchich" [râːntʃitɕ], ch as in Chile or chores; the way they say it on the show to me sounds like "rancid" - which he most certainly isn't ;)

I'm sure if he pronounced it that way, she would too. Many people pronounce their last names differently than the names would be pronounced in their country of origin - otherwise they would be forever correcting people. It's very common for names to become "Americanized" through the years!

I know, that's true. I often hear about Giuliana's roots and she's so proud of her origin, it's wonderful. but I never hear anything about Bill's (maybe I missed those shows?).

anyway, my US friends have a hard time pronouncing some of the names here, so of course they'll make it easier for themselves. I bet French people also cringe when we pronounce some of their words :smile: I understand all this, but still... it's my pet peeve.

The way Giuliana pronounces "Rancic" sounds like she exaggerates the Americanism, in a joke like way... Which could well be the case, because she knows other languages/pronounciations.

it's very hard to go through infertility, very emotional. Especially when you see Teen Mom on tv and other women seeming to get pregnant so easily on accident.
They're going to be wonderful parents. G's parent's are ADORBS!

I just love when her mother is always saying to her that she will cook "the pasta." I like that saying, "Italian chicken soup." :lol:

Certainly not rancid!

Interesting factoid about the proper pronunciation. I have always heard it in the way Giuliana says it. It was that way when Bill was on The Apprentice so I never knew any different.

I know, that's true. I often hear about Giuliana's roots and she's so proud of her origin, it's wonderful. but I never hear anything about Bill's (maybe I missed those shows?).

anyway, my US friends have a hard time pronouncing some of the names here, so of course they'll make it easier for themselves. I bet French people also cringe when we pronounce some of their words :smile: I understand all this, but still... it's my pet peeve.

I can only guess that we hear more about G's family because she was born in Italy and moved to the US with her family at an early age. So she is more connected to her roots than Bill.

I do like watching when G's family is around. Such a warm, loving, close family. MaMa DePandi is so funny and her food looks REALLY good.

I can only guess that we hear more about G's family because she was born in Italy and moved to the US with her family at an early age. So she is more connected to her roots than Bill.

I do like watching when G's family is around. Such a warm, loving, close family. MaMa DePandi is so funny and her food looks REALLY good.

that makes sense. yes, they're very cute together.