Gift.... What should I tell my friend???

My friend brought me a tiny little handmade fabric purse which I will never use because it is too small and not to my taste. My friend later specifically asked what I thought of the bag and if it was my style. I am a diehard Chanel and Louis Vuitton carrier. What should I say?

Not knowing what fits in it, I would say thank you and say it's perfect for such and such when I travel. Good luck

I would just say thank you, appreciate your kindness etc but avoid saying you love it in case you are asked in the future why you aren't using it.

You shouldn't feel bad though, you have your own taste as do we all. I never buy anything but edible gifts and vouchers for people for this very reason. Although my sister and I have this thing going where we seek out the cheapest most awful trinkets as gifts after a holiday. It's funny, maybe odd, but shows we are still thinking of each other.

Just say thanks and let your friend know it's not your style although you appreciate the thought. Don't pretend to like the bag if you honestly don't, you just might get gifted more of them in the future! :giggle:

Clothing, Bags, Makeup, are a few of all extremely personal items. Those are are a no-no to gift unless you know EXACTLY what the person likes. Feelings usually get hurt over them.

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
Thank you for your replies. I will need to find some way to respond to his direct question: either fib and say, "It's great!" and receive more similar gifts, or just ignore his question.