Gift Suggestions

1. Hi Everyone,

I have a little problem and was wondering if anyone can offer me suggestions for a good birthday gift for my bf's mom? I want to buy something nice and appropriate. What do you think I should get her?

Items I've already bought in the past for past birthdays/mother's day/christmas:
    - a plant (a potted orchid)
    - red wine
    - skin care (facial moisturizer)
    - bath soaps
    - gloves/scarf

BTW: I probably repeated most of the things I listed atleast a few times so you can see I'm running out of ideas.

Any help would be great!!! TIA

2. What's your budget? What are her hobbies/interests?

3. pinkloves brown glasses suitcase gift set.jpg ljcards personalized stationery.jpg ljcards personalised stationery butterfly.jpg
  4. A few more suggestions (I think you live in Canada?) - if you're interested, these sites will ship internationally.

If your bf's mom likes tea, how about a gift set from sbsteas or some of their summer teas (check out the testimonials :smile: ):

The Lovers Tea Trio Gift Set-Gourmet Tea

Zuzus garden has some delightful gifts which are inspired by gardens:

Zuzu's Garden Woodland Fairy Collectibles Unique Gift Keepsake Boxes Handcrafted Garden Inspired Home Accents for Romantic Cottage and Vintage Chic Decor

Zuzu's Garden Miniature Cross-Stitch Pictures Finished in Frames Handcrafted Garden Inspired Home Accents for Romantic Cottage and Vintage Chic Decor

Zuzu's Garden Pressed Wildflower Botanicals and Original Nature Art Collages Handcrafted Garden Inspired Home Accents for Romantic Cottage Vintage Chic Decor

sbsteas lovers tea trio gift set gourmet tea.jpg zuzus garden Titanias woodland bouquet.jpg zuzus garden miniature cross stitch picture bunny.jpg zuzus garden pressed wildflower botanicals.jpg
  5. magazine subscriptions?

6. How about something from Tiffany & Co? Can't find a lady that doesn't like anything from there :smile:

7. How about a day at the spa for massage. My mother in-law loved that for mother's day.

8. this is usually what i do. i get a gift certificate to either their regular salon (it's always nice to not have to pay for color matience or a manicure) or to a spa. it's usually a hit. :smile: i attach it to something small (chocolates for example) to make it more personal.

9. It depends on your budget :smile:

I bought my boyfriends' mom (when I went to visit in Belgium the first time) a pretty broach from one of the local hand crafted jewelry stores. She loved it!

10. I agree with the Spa certificate. I give that to many people and it has always been a hit.

11. Wow!!!! Thanks everyone!!!! I'm so speechless, everyone offered so many great ideas.

As for a budget, I dont really have one... I guess I wouldn't wantto spend anything over $200CAN.

I'll definitely use everyone's suggestions for all future gifts!!! You guys are the best!!!!

12. Came across a great blog which highlighted many cool sites such as this one:

Note Card Collection
    Check out his notecard collection.

Felix Doolittle black cat notecard.jpg felix doolittle sushi note card.jpg
  13. I am a big fan of Designhergals.com. You can personalize any paper product with a likeness of your bf's mom. I have done it for 3 friends and myself (see my avaitar). Everyone loved it!:smile: