Gift fo rmy mom!! Help!!

clinkenwar

O.G.
Jan 16, 2006
I would like to get my mom a scarf for her birthday/mothers day gift. She tells me she wears lots of black and brown.. she tends to wear silver tone jewelry, she is dark brown skinned and she tells me she likes purples and oranges.. so I need a scarf ( and I think I want a fairly colorful one so she can get lots of wear out of it) that would suit... she works in an office environment and travels a lot for business ....I really kind of like scarves with contrast stitching..I really need your help ladies because I have 0 access to a store and although I've looked through the myriad scarf posts... I would still like to know what you ladies think...any pics and suggestions are greatly appreciated!!:confused1::yes:

Sorry...I am useless with scarves...but I just wanted to say you are such a sweet DD! This reminds me that I have to think of a Mother's Day present for my mom too...thanks for the reminder!

i think the turnadot in the plum colorway or the scad in the purple would also be great choices. i assume you want to get her a new one instead of something that's been used. the circle of life scarves are beatiful and i think the jungle love in the red color way is also really fun and seems like a very popular gift.

hlfinn.. I love that one..but I want to get it for me.. and I was hoping I could find something different for my mom..maybe a little more understated ...
Rose.. I'm not sure about themes..but I am certain there can be no birds on it ( my mom is terrified of birds.. a little incident from her youth:shame:smile:

^^^ She sounds like me. I love my Riviers de Babel scarf.... it may be something to consider...

attachment.php

clicken- there is a whole thread with pics of the turnadot. you can check it out there.

the scad comes in a special edition hermes box but not from hermes itself. again there is a whole thread (or two actually) about it!

Le toits de Paris in the burgundy colourway has lovely greys and cream colors in it, as well as a black and coral, few pops of red....looking for a pic. DH borrowed my digital, I will look in an old thread for pics.

besides in my avatar that is...LOL