Giant Mooncake In Hainan

1. [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Giant mooncake in Hainan[/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]([/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
    [​IMG]
    Photo taken on August 28, 2006 show a giant mooncake with a diameter of 220 centimeters and a height of 40 centimeters in a resraurant in Haikou, capital of south China's Hainan Province. The mooncake, made with 344 kilograms of lotus paste, 34 kilograms of salted egg yolk, 34 kilograms of peanut oil, and 100 kilograms of flour, is expected to attract hordes of eaters as the Mid-autumn Day draws near.

Does anyone have any interesting mooncake stories ? :graucho:
    [/FONT]

2. That is HUGE!!! Looks beautiful and delicious. Pass me a fork.;o)

3. That looks delicious:nuts:

4. Hot damn!!! I LOVE Mooncake but I can't help but wonder just how many calories must be packed in that huge thing.:p

Oh oh oh! Just want to add that we got some moon cake at our house. Aside from the traditional lotus paste mooncake, they also come in flavors like red bean, green bean, walnuts, prume, various fruit, etc. They even have these ice-cream mooncake and mochi mooncake nowadays.

The traditional ones are still the big ones that are about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. You cut it into 4 pieces and you're supposed to eat 1/4 of the piece and follow it up with fruit on Mid-Autumn's festival.

5. Coffee and a fork please!

6. Hahha.. aww, that's so cute !

Mooncakes always makes me think of carrot cakes, which makes me think of the bunny on the moon that makes it ! :yes:

7. Does anyone know what is written on the cake ? :smartass:

8. I can only read 3 words out of the 4 because I cannot tell the character from the angle that the picture of the mooncake was taken. The right colume (goign vertically) says something like "Jing something" and then the left colume says "Yue-bing". The first two words I think is the name of the company that produces the mooncake, whereas "yue-bing" means moon cake.:flowers:

9. and its fattening!! lol

10. wowwww, look at the size of that baby!
    yum!

11. oh... that looks soooo good! i want a bite~

12. WOWSERS!! that beats the giant pumpkins at the county fairs.

i'm hungry now for some reason...:shame:

13. I'm salivating here.....LOL!

14. Wow:nuts: they sound so delicious i put on 10lbs + I'm getting cavities just thinking about them.

Thanks Koukanamiya :heart:

15. My mother-in-law made me a mooncake for my birthday and I finished it in a day (regular size). Realised only after that that it contains 1000 calories!