GHD styler: Before and After

I've owned a Chi, a Sedu, and some cheaper brands that I got from drugstores. I recently tried out my friend's new GHD and the results were definitely better. Not to say that the Chi or Sedu did not deliver results, but I just found the results with the GHD to be smoother; and I have also heard that the GHD is less damaging to the hair.

I've owned a Chi, a Sedu, and some cheaper brands that I got from drugstores. I recently tried out my friend's new GHD and the results were definitely better. Not to say that the Chi or Sedu did not deliver results, but I just found the results with the GHD to be smoother; and I have also heard that the GHD is less damaging to the hair.

I agree. I've only owned a cheap Conair and another cheap drugstore curler. They worked but the results weren't as good. Also tried my friend's Chi. It was nice but I have to use it several times to get a good curl. the GHD gives results immediately. It really cuts down on the styling time and I think that's why it's less damaging to your hair. It's because you don't have to go over areas multiple times.

I just bought a FHI heat curling iron and it works okay ---but after reading about these "dual" usage irons (ie: the GHD or the T3)--do you think its better to buy one or buy them separately?

Will a "real" curling iron always work better/faster for making curls than something like the GHD?

I haven't seen the styler in person, but did watch that sephora video---and i'm still trying to picture how the GHD has "round" enough end to make the curls?

I actually find the GHD to be easier to curl with. Before I got it, I was skeptical. How could an straightener curl my hair? :blink: I like that the GHD gives you more control in the curl because the hair is heated up as you slide it down to the tips. (Keep the iron moving) With a traditional round iron, you have to clamp your hair, hold it in place, and hope that the curl holds. Definitely not healthy for your hair!
Traditional curling iron= :tdown:
GHD= :tup:

kt1981- Definitely go for a mutiple use styler. It's a better bargain and it'll save you space. Once you get down the technique of curling with a flat iron, it's really easy.