GH City vs RH Part Time? Opinions pls..

1. I am looking at a GH City n a RH Part Time. My heart is for the GH City as I like the gold studs. My biggest concern is the weight and that it may not look proportionate on a City. Any comments pls? Anyone know the weight of both bags?

I wish I can see both bags in person but there is none. There is no stock of them in the only Balenciaga shop.

Thks

2. Have you considered the part time with GH? I don't have one yet, but I'll be getting it soon. Having seen them both irl and having tried them both on, the GH seems to suit the part time quite well b/c of the size. For me, none of these bags are heavy, at all! Having carried Isabella Fiore, Chloe, etc., any Bal, even a bigger style with GH is still light as air, lol! Good luck in your decision.

3. Thanks Blue_Hour_Girl. Wow. I was told that Chloe paddy with the padlock is heavy. So far, most of the bags I carried are relatively light but with my junks in, they do weigh quite a fair bit.

Do u know if the gold studs will tarnish over time? Thks.

4. I am still in a dilemma as to what to get. I like both but my heart is for the GH City but my concerns are:

1) Are the gold studs proportionate on the City?

2) Will the bag look gaudy n overcrowded?

3) Is it heavy? I know Blue_Hour_Girl said it is light as she carried Chloe n other heavier ones before.

4) Will the gold studs tarnished over time or when scratched? Anyone know?

The RH PT is lighter (not sure how much) n I guess more ""corporate" looking.

Arggghhh. I wish I can see the bags in rl.

All opinions welcome .... Thks

5. I don't think the GH looks any gaudier on the city than it does on the part time. I actually prefer the City in GH over the Part Time in GH, even though I prefer the Part Time in RH over the City in RH (did you get that? seems a bit convoluted;) ). I don't like the way the Part Time slouches so much and obscures the GH from being displayed very well.

I didn't notice any problem with the weight ... but I HAVE noticed problems with weight when lifting Chloes. I am a bbag-only type gal, so if the weight had been TOO much heavier than the RH, I think I would have noticed it (and not liked it).

6. Thks Flatflux. I like your comparison :smile:.

7. I remember reading a thread that the leather of RH City and GH City is different. I wonder is there anyone has seen both can tell me if this is true?