Getting used to higher heels?

They are never really comfortable, I think you just get used to the discomfort! Seriously, I would not wear heels if you have to do a lot of walking. Wear flats or sneakers if you have to walk, then change into your heels for work, party, whatever. You will save your back, your feet, and your shoes.

You also need to have heels that fit. There are really two issues with heels: 1) the slope of the shoe and how much weight is placed on the ball of your feet, and 2) the comfort of the shoes and whether your toes are pinched.

You can get used to the slope. A little cushioning goes a long way. But so many heels are designed so poorly that they would be painful even as flats. Since we are approaching Spring, you may want to think about experimenting with wedges and espadrilles - so much more comfy than stilettos.

Thank you for asking this question!!! I have the same problem and think I will try wearing them around the house for a bit each day. ;)

I can't really wear stilettos myself, but I do wear heels. But if you would like to wear heels, I would start with ones that are more supportive and have thicker heels. My ideal is around 2.5". I find the kitten heels to be very uncomfortable.

Suprisingly enough, my most comfortable pair of super high heels are this: Tsubo Acrea pump. They have a 1" hidden platform (with the total height being 3.75").

While it totally depends on the shoe and the foot, but I find spending a little more money (this could be $50-$150) on a pair of nice leather shoes are worth it. They tend to be more comfortable and form fitting.

IMO, I think it's too young as her feet and bones are still growing and she has the rest of her life to walk in heels. But for the sake of advice I would suggest low heel wedges as they will still support her feet, so the trainers may well be okay starters.

I think every once in a while is okay, but not daily. She must be in high school now so she will be wearing heels to dances, events, and parties so a little practice here and there should be okay.