getting rid of flab?

1. Ok, I'm getting married in November, and went yesterday to get the measurements done for the alterations on my dress (a hem)

Well, I was looking at pictures last night and realized that I have some serious arm/boob/shoulder area flab. :tdown: I circled it in the picture so you can see exactly what I mean. What would be the best way to get rid of it by November? i have a gym membership so I try to go at least twice a week.

100_0631.jpg
  2. I think you already look great but, if you want to shed some excess fat, here's what I recommend:

Strength training three times per week. I prefer to do full body circuit training which takes me about 30-40 minutes per session.

Cardio two to three times per week. Your best bet is either walking, running or elliptical interval training. Interval training is awesome because it increases the number of calories you burn during your workout but, more importantly, increases the calorie and fat after burn!

Consume food that's high in protein and fiber; cut back on foods high in sugar as well as processed/refined white carbs. You can still eat carbs so long as you eat the right kinds of carbs at the right time of the day - just make sure they are from whole grain sources.

I am reading the Abs Diet book right now and I highly recommend that you pick it up and read it. It is very educational and the plan is easy to follow. I've been following the Abs Diet workout plan for a few months but just incorporated the formal eating plan a week and a half ago. This isn't a fad diet - it's a plan to change your lifestyle to make you leaner and healthier long term.

Good luck!

BTW, your dress is beautiful and I really do think you look great. :yes:

3. You look amazing!! in my opinion the best exercise for you is swimming!! it helps shape your "flaps" fast!!

4. I think you look really great too! However, if you want to tone up quickly, I recommend cardio and chest exercises. Try the hardcore benchpress, it works the fastest! Push-ups are good too.

5. You look GREAT!
    You may be putting extra pressure and maybe your being hard on yourself as you really do look fantastic!

6. Ermmmm, are you kidding me?! You look fabulous! I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but I think you need to change the perception of how you look. IMHO

7. Thanks for all the suggestions ladies. I'll try them!

8. I also recommend the bench press and push ups if you want to tone that area. But, yeah, don't be too hard on yourself, you look great. Congratulations on your engagement.

9. can you really get rid of the "flab" in that area??

I have that too and i;ve seen some of my gal friends and some of us just seem more fleshy there than others...

i think it's just the way you're built, hence i'm not relaly sure you can get rid of the fleshyness in that arm area...:shrugs:

you look great in the gown by the way so don't stress about the fleshyness!!

10. I wonder if this has more to do with the dress alterations than your body. A good seamstress should be able to alter the dress so it doesn't squish you in the wrong places!

Congrats on your upcoming wedding!

11. start lifting those weights, I had a strapless wedding dress similar to yours and I lifted 3x a week on my arms and shoulders heavy weights to where your arms could barly lift by the last rep 3 sets on each exercise going up in weight

so for bicepes say
    10lbs 1 set of 15
    15lbs 1 set of 12
    20lbs 1 set of 10

and so on for shoulder press, chest press, triceps, etc. it works so well its scary

a trainer set me up on this plan, and my arms and shoulders looked awesome!!!

12. I think you look great but some arm toning with weights a few times a week should help. So do push ups.

13. I believe in Pilates and weights :smile:

Pilates toned my body so much as well as helping me to correct my body allignment while weight just build my muscle..

You look great tho'...nice dress..
    CONGRAT :heart:

14. Geez, you look fabulous. I think your F will be so blown away that he's not going to be looking at what you see as flaws. He will see it all as damn sexy!!! I don't have any exercise tips, I think there's enough here, just remember it's about feeling great within yourself more than anything!!!

15. I don't know if you can get rid of it (because there's not much there!) but you can certainly tone it.

Talk to a trainer and tell them what you want and they can devise a program for you. Usually the program will be cardio and then weight machines that work your biceps and triceps.