Getting my first LV Paris!!

1. I'm going on vacation in about 3 weeks - all around western Europe :yahoo:
    Ever since I've joined this forum I've been wanting a Speedy bag so I'm thinking of getting one in Damier Azur. So I have a few questions..

I want to buy it at the Champs-Elysees store. Is there always alot of people there? what would be the best time to go? I don't want to spend too much time in there because we want to visit as many other stores as possible heheh..and we don't have that much time. Oh and the price on the LV website is the exact price in stores right?

My mom's taking me to Europe this summer because I got my first basically I'll be wasting all my money earned during the summer on the bag. Am I crazy for doing that? hahah..I'm so scared of what my dad will think. So I'm just going to avoid telling him how much it costs ;)

And like I said this will be my first LV bag (sooo excited!) so any additional tips or anything is appreciated. Thanks!!
  2. CONGRATS on your first job! I just got back from vacation in England and Paris. You're going to love Paris!! Unfortunately, I only planned one day in Paris and only rode by the flagship store on the Champs-Élysées:push: Luckily I had already bought my Speedy 25 while I was in Manchester, so I didn't miss out on any purchases. The Champs-Élysées was VERY busy. The LV flagship store is six floors high! I don't know if merchandise is available on all of those stores, but it is pretty darn huge. Hopefully you're going to spend more than a day in Paris. It is a busy, congested city! While you're there, I'd highly recommend that you take a river cruise down the Seine. You see Paris from a whole different perspective and get a good idea of the layout of the city. HAVE FUN!!!!!
  3. Congratulations-
  4. Congrats on your job! I was in Paris in may, and went to the Champs-elysses store. It was a lot of people there, but also alot of SA`s, so I wouldn`t think you have to wait that long. Enjoy your trip :smile:
  5. You couldn't do better I got my first Vuitton in the main LV boutique in Paris (Champs-Elysees) the experience wasn't that grat at all because the SA was really quick as ther eis quite a lot of people there, but my advice is YES do it in Champs-Elysees that boutique probably is the nicest Vuitton store in the world but go in the morning if you can so you avoid too many tourists.
  6. Congrats on your first job and how exciting Paris! Yes, the Champs-Élysées store is very busy almost all the time, but it is totally managable as it is well staffed. It adds to the excitement and overall feel of being in Paris, don't miss it! If you want to get in and out, just seek out an SA and you will have no trouble being efficient. Have a wonderful time!
  7. Congratulations.
  8. wow! congrats! Hope you have a great time in Europe! Post pix when you come back!
  9. Congrats!
  10. I got my first bag at the Champs-Elysees store as well. The downstairs is very, very crowded. I suggest you go upstairs.

It's great to be in the 'mothership', but the crowd does take away from the experience. If I had to do it again, I would visit the store, but try out bags and purchase at a smaller store.
  11. My mom went to Paris and then shortly after my husband and I went on our honymoon. My mom brought us little goodies from the LV store and I remember her saying she made an appointment (this was over 6 years ago). My husband and I didn't go there (I have no idea why). You may want to check on this before you go.
  12. Thanks everyone!! :smile: I'll be staying only 2 nights in hopefully I have enough time to see everything & still have time for shopping.

I'll be taking lotssss of pics hehe.
  13. The Champs Elyses store is the most beautiful, the service can be a bit rushed because they are always so busy. Its definately worth going to see, although sometimes they limit the number of people in the store for security and you may have to line up and wait.

If you want to enjoy taking your time and really try on lots of different bags, I suggets the boutique on ave. Montaigne it has pretty much the same selection and is quieter. They sometimes have things the Champs Elyses have run out of too. I was in Paris last year and spent 6 hours there with a great SA - Lionel - he was working in Mens RTW, but can help you with anything!

In terms of pricing, Paris is the best place to buy, when you leave the EU you can also claim the tax back (about 19%) so that makes it even better!!!

Bon Voyage......
  14. I just came back from Paris last week; and I visited three LV stores in Paris. I wanted to buy LV Damier Azur Speedy 30 and Sunset Boulevard Vernis. Unfortunately the Speedy 30 were sold out at the three (Flagstore, Mont, and Laftyette). I was told that if I go earlier in the morning; I have better chance to get what I want. As I had to leave Paris the next day, I didn't get what I wanted. Go earlier in the morning if you can.
  15. Thanks LV Luke & D'Orsay!

That's the Speedy I want too! Is it common for them to be sold out of those? :wtf: I expected them to always have alot of stock in the flagstore, especially the Speedys. ahh now I'm scared I won't be able to get one..since we're arriving there on an afternoon, and the next day we're there we'll be sightseeing all day.

hmm now I'm thinking of getting it at an LV in Italy (if I can) instead..I don't want to risk the Paris stores being all out of stock lol.