Getting healthy again

Which should I do?

1. Pilates

2. Kickboxing

3. Do both

4. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. It's been over 6 months now since I gave birth to my son so I no longer have excuses not to excercise. I've decided to get healthy and take a class. This way I get some motivation and me time without the kids. I've finally narrowed it down to 2 choices, either Pilates or Kickboxing. Have you taken/are taking either one? Do you have a preference? Any advice for someone who has not done any major excercises for the last 12 months (except for chasing a toddler) would be appreciated.
  2. Hey Dis...are there classes near you? I'll join you in about 6 months so choose something good! I am leaning toward Pilates.....didn't vote yet though. Still thinking.
  3. I like pilates but you have to have a good teacher. Never tried kickboxing. I voted do both, why not.
  4. Start with Pilates for long lean muscles. Then as you get stronger you can try the kick boxing. I wouldn't do both at the same time because you'll burn your self out and then you won't want to do either.
  5. why dont you try each one first before you decide? Both are very different kickboxig is good for endurance, I can barely breathe during one of those classes, its high energy, while pilates it floor work but very strenuous and difficult. Both are tough and will get you into shape. GoodLuck!

I also agree with Zophie you need a good teacher for pilates