Get H bag via intimidation?

Yes, she was rude but I can also feel her pain. I think the reason why she said that is maybe she's a member of tpf:roflmfao: & seeing ppl get their birkins in less than a yr & some offered a birkin, the 2nd or 3rd one? :graucho: She has 2 learn some manners, definitely.:yes: Poor SA.:sad: Btw, if she really wants a birkin badly & want the SA to rmbr her name, she must visit the store often, have a gd relationship with SA. the ppl who get their stuff fast r the ones who keep visiting the store & not fussy.

my SA's advice 2 all 1st time birkin buyers, even after u state your list about which color & size u want, tell your SA you're not actually fussy & will consider buying any birkin in any size, leather & color if offered. visit the store often & make some small purchases (not have to be all the time).

I do feel guilty coz' I am offered a birkin after another all the time and I had told my SA long ago not 2 offer me all the time but 2 others especially those who r still waiting for their 1st birkin. However, if the birkin is exotic, I 'joked' 2 her she must show it 2 me 1st, hehe. I'm on a H purse ban so I'm assuming many HK ladies r having a huge sigh of relief.:rolleyes:

I on the other hand feel for the "mean" lady. Yes, she probably should not have used the 'mean' tone....but, the frustration of wanting something and not be able to obtain is awful. I remember the SA who just said "NO" when I asked for one after my husband would go in often to buy H RTW and John Lobb shoes.

I changed SA's and things are WAY better now....

I agree that this woman was way out of line, but at the same time, I can't blame her for being angry or frustrated. I've felt the same way at times. We all know how the SAs lie through their teeth about wait lists, special orders, and pick and choose who gets what. The whole process is arbitrary and capricious!

While I love the products, the whole process of sucking up and having to buy a bunch of *small* items that I don't really want (and spend $$$$s in the process) just to procure the ONE item I REALLY do want is a huge turnoff and one I have absolutely refused to abide.

That's why I bought all my *H* bags from resellers. I got exactly what I wanted -- without the wait, the attitude and @$$-kissing and grovelling the *H* SA's seem to expect from people who don't spend millions in their boutiques.

Sorry for the rant!

It's nice to know that the SA carried herself in a professional matter dispite how rude she was being treated. I can't say I would have let her have a piece of my mind!!!

this sounds sad. i think hermes should be a happy experience! maybe instead of telling lies like we don't take special orders or you can't put your name on list the salespeople should be more consistent and take names but just throw them away when the people leave? i think lies are bad for business and it makes them look stoopid. it also smells like (sorry for my english and spelling) eelitism? why make a wonderful brand smell like dead fish by making people feel bad that they are not important enough to buy a birkin? i'm sorry to sound negative. i do love hermes but don't want to feel like i am not good enough to buy a birkin. i buy many bracelets and scarfs because until now that is all i can pay for. but what if i get a bonus at work and want to buy h? i am not good enough?

I've given this a bit of thought before answering:
There really is no reason for behaving like a jerk to someone who isn't responsible. It's only a bag and the SA can't help.

So what if other people got their bags faster? If another woman thought that jumping off a cliff was fashionable, would they do it too?

While I don't agree how the woman went about it, I can understand her frustration. Many SAs are lovely but some do enjoy holding "the list" over customers heads. I do agree with SHOPMOM that she will probably never see a bag from that store. Rudeness no matter the root of frustration should not be rewarded.

wow....I'm surprised at how rude the lady was....even though I can understand her frustration, doesn't she know that she has just shot herself in the foot? she can kiss her birkin goodbye now...